Traveling From Airport To Hotel - Use Bus Or Train

Discussion in Travel started by Alexandoy • Dec 28, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In our first travels abroad, we were scared to get lost that’s why we availed of the hotel pickup. I know that the hotel shuttle is expensive but we were quite ignorant then. In the later travels, we were taking the taxicab from the airport to the hotel and vice versa. But now that we are used to going abroad, we chart the route from the airport to the hotel. It’s either the bus or the train which we were able to manage. What a big savings compared to taxi or hotel pickup.

2. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    You are right about bus and train. Buses are mostly regulated. Their prices are always fixed and affordable. Train is the cheapest but it depends if it is electric train or not. Trains are slowest means of transportation and this makes them cheap.

I think taxis are expensive because the comfort you get is similar to someone using a private car.

3. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I am a traveler right from the beginning of my career so I was never scared of getting lost. In fact I always loved taking challenges and did something unusual or what most people would try to avoid. I never took the hotel pickup unless it was official or part of the deal but traveled on my own whether it was official or for leisurely purpose. My wife also never objected even if we had to walk with our bags for a kilometer or so in hilly areas in search of a good hotel.

4. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    This depends a lot on the destination and how I am going to move myself there. If I am renting a car forget bus or train, but if I am using public transportation I always consider the price/time of travel relation, as I want to save, but I don't want to take forever to get to my destination.

5. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Buses and trains aren't the best way to go. Note, when you say trains, what you really mean is the subway. However, it's sort of goofy to carry luggage on the subway - and also on a bus. I mean, I'm no hyper conformist, but I don't really want to stand out and bother with the hassle in those situations. Nonetheless, though, if the baggage is small, which probably isn't the case, then it would be better - mainly because of the price.

Anway, has the OP tried to get better deals for taxis and whatnot, maybe try Uber? You don't have to accept what's offered, even though it does add an aura of unpredictability and excitement.

6. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on the available means of transport to my hotel. If I am to chose between travelling on bus or train, I would chose the latter since I am more used to bus and if the hotel destination is not too far. Most of travels I use bus to hotels or places where I'd have my accommodation. On a far journey I am okay going by train.

7. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    When we say trains that means long distance trains which could be anything from 500 to 3000 km with sleeper reservation in different classes like AC 1, 2 or three and even non-ac class. The local trains in our parts cover 100 km or so with limited luggage which really is not convenient in most cases. By the way, the long distance trains have proper arrangement for luggage with a limit for each passenger that could be anything from 50 to 100 kg depending on your travel class.

8. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    I do agree with. The local transportation is so manageable and affordable as compare to hotel pickup or to taxi cabs. That's why I mostly use to hire a local guide for my travel to assist me on my traveling on affordable prices.

9. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    What about personal transportation during traveling somewhere?

10. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    Alonzo123, I would say there is nothing useful then personal transport. But if you are far away from home and have no choice of personal transport then what? Tell me buddy what would be your choice then?

11. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    Well, Hiring a personal transport can be a bit costly and on the other side, local transportation can save money.