Traveling In Off Season For Saving Money

Discussion in Travel started by naruto100 • Jan 10, 2018.

1. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Hello guys,

I have seen many people prefer travelling to certain destination during off season. I guess it is good as there will be less crowd during slack season. Not only that one can really save lots of money in almost every section. Travelling, hotels, food, shopping, etc. in almost all these things they can get discount. So it is really good for saving money purpose. Though for certain destinations it can turn out reverse. For example destination with beaches will have less crowd during rain season as people will not able to enjoy beaches and water sports more. So in that time going to such place doesn't make sense.

But in other destinations it can save lots of money. What you say? Do you prefer such timing or you prefer season timing only?

2. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    It may work in some cases. But not all the cases. You can't go into himalayas during winter during off season. That would affect your health. And also limits your resources to travel. Same case with the beach you can't go to philpines beach during the off season. That would not work in your favor. So it will save money only in some generic places. And that's why you can't avoid or skip seasons like this.

3. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:

I agree with you that traveling in off season helps to save money. For example, traveling to upcountry this January instead of last December. In my country, traveling at night has been temporarily removed because of the many accidents that happened last year on a black spot. Traveling during the day has lead to many delays and high traffic.

We can also choose to travel some days earlier before the season officially starts so we can save traveling expenses. But we also need to save money early so we can travel during seasons with ease without worrying about having less money.

4. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    Traveling during off-season helps us saving a lot of money because most of the hotels have a big discount. It is true that the weather is not warm as it should be but the costs are smaller and this helps us to save money for the next trip.

5. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    I know some people who travel more during off season because the places are not crowded with tourists and so usually fares and prices all around for various services and stuff are also comparatively lesser. Not just that but also many hotels, especially the pricey, luxury hotels give out their rooms at great discounts. I have never travelled to such places but a friend has, she says that they once got to stay at a 5-star resort for almost half a price and enjoyed all the luxuries of the place. It was a beach destination and they could not go the beach as it was rainy season, but the pool at the hotel and other comforts made up for the lack of beach access.

6. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is a fairly good suggestion because I agree that off season means fewer people anywhere so almost everything is cheaper. However, off season means bad weather too. We had experienced that this year when we were in Taiwan. It was raining almost every day and it dampened our enthusiasm since staying indoors is not part of our plans. We would rather brave the crowds and the expensive prices as long as we can enjoy the weather.

7. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    This is totally true. We can save a lot more money when travelling off-season. We can also avoid such crowded places when we travel off-season.

8. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I think they call it a off-season for a reason though-but it would most always be cheaper this time of year. I would be careful though, because you might not see the sun for like 3 or 4 days at a time-also it could be the rainy season or the hotels are closed for repairs as well. They say some places really don't have a off season anymore,they only have a busy and less busy season these days.

9. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Well off-season travelling is definitely a good way to avoid large crowds, so if you are into wanting some "peace and quiet" while travelling then it is best to wait and take advantage of the discount that you will get by travelling off-peak.

10. Sirius

SiriusMember

Threads:

Me and my brother decided we should go to London on a shopping spree. London is one of the most expensive cities in the world, if not the most expensive. I started looking for affordable flight tickets online (I live in Bulgaria). Obviously if you want to travel in a month or so, prices are expensive, so I looked for flights departing in April and May. At the end of May ticket prices from the UK to Bulgaria escalate, because people start going on their summer vacations and the Bulgarian seaside is very popular destination among the English nation. But summer season will have not started in the beginning of May and I was able to buy round trip tickets for 50 euro per person!! What a great deal! So, I definitely prefer traveling off season when it comes to places where you don't go for the beaches.

11. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    I agree with that. Weather play quit important role in such kind of travelling. In my case its too hot when I am thinking about travelling. Though we can manage hotness somehow by travelling in AC and staying under AC. But rainy season is quite bad for travelling to some particular destination. So yes it depends on weather factor too.

12. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    You can not evade travelling if its necessary. For instance,if you have a particular problem that necessitates you to travel makes you to travel not necessarily during offpeak. But if you travel by adventure, it is always good to opt travelling during offpick to save on cash.

13. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    I was one of those people, until I had kids! I loved to travel in the winter to a country that was in the summer, it's the best, but now all my holidays are in August because it's when my kids are in holidays... It's just life! :)

14. Soulwatcher

SoulwatcherMember

Threads:
    Traveling off-season is a great idea that can save you thousands depending on the time of the year. My stepdad retired from Disney World. And during peak season it would cost $3,800 for the hotel and park hopper tickets. But if you went offseason the same hotel and ticket package was only $1,200. So. its always best to check prices at peak season and offseason where ever you're going to travel.

15. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    It has helped me save some money on travels whenever I do it in off season. In fact when planning my travel especially for vacation I look at for periods where the ticket is cheap and hotel reservation over there are not on the high price. I am not so season freak to travel at a particular season, I can easily vary my travel schedules.

16. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    Traveling during the holidays cost a lot of money. Therefore, I don't travel during the holidays. Instead, I will be traveling during the off seasons. When you travel during off season, every thing will be cheap from air fare to hotel and resturant cost. You can even find good traveing deals when you travel during the off season.

17. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    That's why I too prefer travelling at some destinations during off season. At least we can travel in peace and do sight seeing properly. With too much crowd, sight seeing really looks odd sometimes. With less traffic we can enjoy it more. And yes surely we can save lots of money in almost all the section. So yes it is good for all.

18. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    That's another plus! At the end of the day, travelling off-season is the best, not only because we can escape winter, we pay cheaper, but also because there is less people at the destinations. Sadly, taking holidays off-season is off-limits for me now, I'll have to wait until my kids grow older. :)

19. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Hope you will soon able to enjoy the journey as you want. Even I was skipping my long journeys because of my daughter. But now she has grown and I guess we can manage travelling with her. She is still 1 and half year old, but I guess we can manage with her. Let's see. Soon we are planning, so we will soon know about this.

About off season , yes it can save lots of money, not only with travelling but with many other areas too.

20. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We went State side to the 9th island we call Las Vegas on off season. It's a virtual ghost town when we went off season. Places were so glad to see you, things were less and people not so busy, so you get to enjoy the place at a less hurried pace on off season as well as save money when you travel off season with very good service.