Travelling Early

Discussion in Travel started by remnant • Sep 6, 2016.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Many people live and work in far flung areas away from their hamlets. During the course of the year, there is the need to travel to reconnect with family and the like. During major holidays, fares are usually hiked taking advantage of the large numbers of travellers. Most people find it expedient to travel early especially during the Christmas season when fares are still low. Does this apply to you?

2. Casiox

CasioxActive Member

Threads:
    When it comes to traveling, I generally do it along with my parents and fortunately we have our own car. We're lucky because the gas is the cheapest thing ever in my country and therefore, gas is not a problem at all, so yes, I could travel at any season of the year as long as it's with my parents, it's all fine.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I suppose one should endeavor to do what will save them money at all times when they can. The high season for traveling usually is summer time and it usually isn't the cheapest time to travel. If you want to save money then you'd have travel at some other time. But traveling during the holidays can also be as bad and should, if possible, be avoided. If you can travel early then yes, that would most definitely save you some money.

4. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The other weekend, we went to the province to visit my nephew. We didn't know that bus tickets have a shortage because of the influx of travelers to the province during Friday nights. Come Wednesday, we tried getting bus tickets but failed so we resorted to buying plane tickets just so our trip will not be cancelled. The plane tickets costs us 6,000 pesos which would only be 2,000 pesos if we were able to buy bus tickets. So I guess getting to the ticket booth early is a good practice.

5. Aree Wongwanlee

Aree WongwanleeActive Member

Threads:
    I used to do that when I was much younger. Very often, my work takes me far from home. When the festive season came around, I would go back home. Since I was working at that time, it was not possible to go home early to beat the rush. What I did was to book my ticket home in advance. Sometimes, I booked the ticket a couple of months ahead.

6. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    Well! I never been so far away from my family but yeah sometimes on festivals i also traveled to meet my sis or some friend. I mostly made some plans or set a budget to travel. You know if i forgot to book my advance ticket on such festivals i prefer to travel through car, as i can't tolerate delay or hassle to be in rush or hurry.