Travelling inside your country

Discussion in Travel started by caparica007 • Oct 29, 2013.

1. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    I know my country from top to bottom, I've traveled from North to South and I loved it. Sometimes we pick exotic and distant places that are much more expensive while we could travel in our own country to see things as pretty as in outside. What's your opinion?

2. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    I have only seen a handful of the states, I would love to be able to visit them all! Some I have only driven through, so they don't really count.
    I think you can definitely explore your own country and it is very valuable. Every place has it's own neat things to see.
    How long does it take to get from one end of your country to the other?

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've only been to two Provinces in Canada (other than my own). Nova Scotia is beautiful and I can't wait to go back and visit the other eastern provinces. Quebec I will never go back to. I look forward to eventually travelling the entire country with my family :)

4. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I have not really traveled around my country that much but I plan to soon. it's such a shame I know but it just sucks that i don't have much fund to do it. But soon I will be!

5. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I am very fortunate that I am able to travel around my country, I think everybody should do this no matter what country they live in. I always go by train or coach (which ever happens to be cheaper at the time) and love watching the world go by from the window. :) My favourite place is a small town in East Sussex called Seaford, I want to retire there some day. :)

6. apple1989

apple1989Member

Threads:
    As much as I hate to say this, but I'm a foreigner in my own country. Philippines has a lot to offer, but they do not appeal to me as much as the other countries. Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-patriotic. It's just that it's rather more expensive to travel here in our country than it is to travel to our neighboring Asian peninsulas. I've only been to Pagudpud which is an 8 hour drive from our place and I spent more than I did when I traveled in Malaysia. Plus, I want to experience other traditions and cultures other than ours.

7. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    Sad to say but I never really see the true beauty of my own country. I love travelling, but most of the time I go to other countries. I want to explore my country, and i'm planning to do it next year. I have so many places in mind and I'm looking forward to it. I admit that travelling here is less expensive compare to going outside.

8. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are some countries which are not beautiful. Fine they may have a few attractions that could interest foreigners but sites which have been seen for so long by the locals that it wouldn't make sense to look at them in a different light. So for me, I wouldn't travel in my country because I'm more interested in meeting people during my travels and I have to say I'm fed up with my fellow country-men.

9. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    Portugal it's a really small country, a little over 500 miles, so I imagine it would take 8 or 9 hours to do it by car. Of course I have never done it that way, but I enjoy exploring the coastline and the mountains, those are my favorite parts. Portugal must be way smaller than each of your states no?

10. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    What is your country difrancprod?

11. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    My family has always been really spread out, so I'm pretty well traveled within the US. Sadly, in the last 6 years, with little kids at home, traveling is the LAST thing on my agenda. My brother lived in Germany for 2 years, and two siblings were in Hawaii for a couple of years, but we didn't make it either place because with little kids and finances, it just wasn't feasible.

Right now, we're really trying to make the most of day trips and weekends with the kids, going to cool places in our state. We have mountains and the ocean here, so it is nice to be so close.

12. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, Portugal is very small compared to the United States!!
    I love to travel but with little kids it's hard. Money wise and time wise.

13. CoachV

CoachVNew Member

Threads:
    Well I'm an expat that lives in France. I travel around this country a lot. The south of France is much like Southern California, the center of France reminds me of the East Coast and Norther France is a lot like the Pacific Northwest. I grew up in the military and lived in many different states and drove across USA a couple of times. Seeing the different terrain, trying local food and experiencing different cultures all in one country is a great thing to do!

14. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've travelled my country a little bit, but there are still a lot of places for me to explore. I agree that it's sometimes best to travel within ones' own country, since it provides a better picture of where you come from and thus who you are. I plan on travelling to many places outside, but this thread only convinces me more that I should check out my own backyard first.

15. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    I know what you mean, I have two boys with 3 and 6, that is why the travel I manage to make is inside my country, no way I can currently afford going abroad...

16. writeletters

writelettersMember

Threads:
    My country is known for it's amazing landscapes and it's beauty, so we have traveled from North to South. We occasionally visit other cities or places for short holidays, if we aren't going on an international trip. It's a lovely place, so there are plenty of places to travel to.

17. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    What country are you in writeletters?

18. KC Evans

KC EvansMember

Threads:
    Road trips are exciting to me. Traveling up and down the road from the north to south to getaway from the norm is relaxing and refreshing. I bet traveling to other countries is great. I know its expensive but I am sure it's worth it. You will notice the worth when your old and look back accountingt all the things you have been blessed to experience.

Continue to enjoy ;)

19. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I live in the United States, which I have traveled to many states. I have traveled to Seattle, New York, California, Los Angeles, and more. I like Los Angeles because there's a Disneyland, which is one of my favorite places to go besides Palm Springs in California. I have planned to travel to all states in my life, which will take me about 50 years to complete.

20. kasi

kasiActive Member

Threads:
    I live in Canada and I travel many places in Canada which is good for me because I have much experience of my country places and if anyone want to take help from my country I will give to you..