Travelling Via Bus To Avoid Individual Cars For Saving Money

Discussion in Travel started by naruto100 • Apr 16, 2017.

1. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    These days I have seen that people used to go everywhere in their individual car. It is okay. But if you having big group which are going at same place then why to take individual cars for the same. They can have mini bus or kind of service so that they can save lots of money.

Just recently we have to attain marriage in different city which is away 300Km from our home town. All have taken their own car even they have to go to same place. And they were returning to same place too. Mini bus kind of service can save lots of money by this way.

What you say?

2. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I totally agree with you. If a group of people are going to the same place they can arrange for a mini van service and share the money which in fact save us as we have to share only our part. Besides saving money this will reduce the pollution and also saves fuel. :)

3. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @harijobs@harijobs Yup.. It will surely save pollution and fuel too. But I wonder these days people are not understanding this thing. They just used to go their individual cars for such situation too. Going together is always fun as we can do lot more thing during trip. It is surely better than going alone. I wonder why people don't understand this thing.

#3Apr 17, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  4. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When going on a vacation trip to the province, we usually rent a van to accommodate everyone. Aside from being cheaper than using our individual cars, it’s nice to travel together for we can chat along the way. Besides, the van relieves us of the driving chore so me and my brother-in-law could sleep while the kids play with whatever game they wish. And there’s food and drinks (we always bring our cooler) so it’s like having a picnic along the way. We had a trip to the swimming pool resort last weekend and we again rented a van instead of using 3 cars. And next Sunday, we have another trip to a nearby province, you can expect that we would again rent a van for that purpose.

5. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Alexandoy@Alexandoy That's the best way to enjoy the trip too. Yes even journey became like picnic if we are together. Going individually is kind of boring and yes we need to drive so that we can't enjoy at all. That's why I said going together is cheap and fun too. I wonder why some people don't think about it and used to go with individual car only.

#5Apr 18, 2017
  6. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    That's very correct travelling on a chartered bus help save a lot of money compared to when you have to do that using individual private cars. Apart from the economic advantage there is going to be some fun added to the journey if we make it collectively in one ride. When I'm going on far journey that may not necessarily have me go with someone I always like doing that taking bus, this makes the journey more exciting compared to if I am just alone in my car traveling over 300km.

7. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with all the posts above. However, people these days feel that going individually is more comfortable as people want to mingle less with each other.

Going together is certainly more fun and what more kids can enjoy much better than adults. We save on fuel cost and avoid any car damages too. In case of accidents we also have each other to rely on.

8. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Decentlady@Decentlady Yes that's the truth. These days people don't want to get mingle with each other. They are now kind of more reserve person.

But like this they are missing real fun for sure. Going together will make journey exciting while going individually is kind of boring journey. Not only kids but even adults can have lots of fun by going together. They just need to change their mind. That's it.

#8Apr 19, 2017
  9. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Attending a party or a wedding rites in a group for the reason of facility and easiness. riding in a bus or particularly renting a bus is cost-saving than taking an individual service cars. It is more fun to travel in a group in one bus.

This is what we usually are doing for most of us don't have a service car. This is what we also practice for our students to their educational field trip.

10. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Traveling by bus without a doubt makes me save a lot of money, but nothing compares to a great trip and plane (even by ship). Besides the comfort and the practicality (which are "things" that I care a lot), safety is undoubtedly greater.

However, the buses really are still good choices too. ;)

11. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I usually join a car pool to save on gas, toll fees,and parking along with avoiding the stress of driving. The fee is slightly higher than when taking a bus but it is more comfortable and convenient because it drops me off near the office. I usually take the bus on Wednesdays when the car service isn't available. It's quite expensive to bring the car to the office because of the huge toll fees and the parking fees. The total costs of gas, parking, and toll is almost half of my salary so no, I'm not going to take my car to work unless there's a compelling reason to do so. Buses are fine and comfortable, too. When it comes to family outing, a van will suffice as we're a small family with young children.

12. Jessika

JessikaActive Member

Threads:
    I tend to commute by bus or train when I can. With the bus lanes around here, even buses are much faster than taking a car. The buses can dodge the traffic jams, and it is much less stressful to have someone else doing the driving. It also means not paying for parking and having to worry about my car throughout the day, which is another saving.

13. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    That I definately agree on as that's what my friends and I from work would do sometimes but in a kind of different way. We would do this with each others cars actually since we lived near each other we would take turns all leaving in one of our cars to work. If six of us had the same shifts we would all leave in the same car and that way we split the gas money of just one of our cars and that saved a lot of money.

14. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @kamai@kamai That's wonderful way to save money and save environment from more pollution. Like this you all are saying money and you all can have good time in car during going to office and leaving from office. It is always good to have someone with us during any kind of journey.

You remind me my days of college. When one of my good friend and me used to share bike to go to college. We were using each others bike for whole week, I mean one week we were using our bike and second week he was bringing his bike to my place. So like this we used to go to college together. And as our college wasn't that near from our home we used to save lots of money.

@Nakitakona@Nakitakona Even I have seen many people uses bus for attending wedding at other place. But these days trend is changing here. I don't know about all places, but here people now used to take their own cars for the same. May be they don't want to spend that long time with others, not sure. I will only enjoy such trips together with all.

#14May 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2017
  15. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I think it is a good idea(taking the bus)but taking the bus or taking your car has some pros and cons and some of the cons would be less convenience-that you have to follow a schedule a lot more when you take the bus-but a car you can just take off and drive as long as you want. Some of the cons are wear and tear on your car and its more stressful to drive in traffic. The pros of taking the bus are that it is less costly overall and less stressful because you are not in charge of driving which is great.

16. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I don't take a taxi as long as bus is available. This saves a lot of money as well as resources. I don't drive a car, instead I ride a motorbike. This also saves money and fossil fuel consumption. Let me illustrate, I can travel 50-55 kilometers with one liter petrol, however, in order to travel the same distance, I need 4 liters petrol. One liter petrol cost $1 here. On my bike, I spend just $1 to travel 50-55 kilometers however, i need $4 if I want to take my car.

17. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We do not drive very far anymore, and I use my own vehicle; but I do think that if we used the public transportation instead, we would save money because we could seek the car, and cancel the insurance payments, and not have to buy fuel to drive with.
    Our car is very old and high mileage, and I am always afraid that it is going to break down every time I drive it anywhere, and since I am pretty old, I can't even walk home like when I was younger.
    If something happened to ny husband, and I had to live alone, I would definitely sell the car and ride the bus. we have one called the Handi-ride that is for elderly and handicapped people, and that would get me anywhere I needed to go.

18. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @FolkArtist@FolkArtist Well, here if there is some occasion whole family used to rent bus for the travelling. So it is kind of private vehicle feeling. We can stop wherever we want and schedule it by getting together. So for this kind of trips we can avoid the thing what you mentioned. But yes it can not happen in all bus trips.

@luri@luri Yes bikes are always good compare to car. But I found them uncomfortable for long distance. One I cover 170km on bike and on next day whole body was paining. So if it is short distance then bike is the best. I was having bike which was having mileage of more than 80km. So you can imagine how much I was saving with that.

#18Jun 25, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2017
  19. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    To cut down on money spent fueling my car especially now that the cost of a liter is high, over 50 cents in my location, I use public bus in addition to individual car. The fact is whenever I am not financially buoyant using the public transportation is very helpful. Although I may not get all the comfort I'd have wanted since I've to do some little trek to the street junction to join the public bus, it's economical.

20. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @tonyb@tonyb Yes we may not get full comfort as we want, but surely we can save lots of money by that. Specially when we are going somewhere alone, car can be really costly at such time. So better to use public transport. Even I use public transport for city related work. They are quite handy and quite good in compare to past now.

#20Jun 26, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2017