Travelling with your pet

Discussion in Pets started by GavinMcresty • May 9, 2013.

1. GavinMcresty

GavinMcrestyMember

Threads:
    What experiences do you have of travelling with your pet? Do they enjoy it? Where have they been and how did you get there? Our dogs did not travel too far but we would take them by car to various places. They did not really mind it. They normally just went to sleep in the back until we arrived. Two of them tended to become very excited when parking because they became impatient. One would start barking and the other would start climbing around at the back of the car and scratching at the windows. One of the other dogs travelled by train a few times: she just went to sleep with us and nothing else happened.

2. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    I've recently had a bad experience: usually everything goes great, but this past trip I was a charged a cleaning fee after I checked out!

I called to ask about the fee and was told it was because there was cat feces all over the room. Since my cat gets nervous in new places, he spends the night in the bathroom in hotels. And to top that off, he never ever does his business outside of the box. Ever. So clearly this is untrue. But the clerk couldn't help me out at all. She didn't know the "whole" story and couldn't reverse the fee anyhow.

It was really frustrated. I've had great experiences with Motel 6 in the past, but this time, the room was super pricey AND I got accused of dirtying a room that I didn't soil. Grrr. What should I do next time?

3. MrsR

MrsRMember

Threads:
    The next time you travel with your cat and right before you leave, go and get a motel employee or a manager and show them your room. Explain to them what happened before and tell them that you are having them inspect the room before you leave so there will be no miscommunication or added fees for a mess your pet didn't make. I know it might be a pain to have to do this, but apparently you need to so it won't be your word against theirs.

4. maurovis

maurovisNew Member

Threads:
    Wow I have to say that this is the first time I've heard of anyone travelling with their cat. I mean dogs sure, but a cat? and I love cats I would just never travel with them. They seem to be more unstable and unpredictable than dogs. Now pelase cat lovers don't hate me, I'm just stating my point of view.

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We've tried. Our dog loves being in the car, but she wants to sit on my lap the whole time and she's bigger than me! lol. She stays put in the back, but frequently gets up to whine and block my husbands view etc. There's just no way I will let her up front with me, so it's too stressful for her as much as she loves it. She's weird lol.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well we haven't really taken any of our pets to travel with us except for the short trips to the vet, and when we deliver them in our province to our relatives to be able to take care of them, but luckily for us, those dogs that we bought with us were very behaved.