Treatments For Hives

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by pafjlh • Feb 16, 2015.

1. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Ever had these, I had a bad case of them last August due to an allergic reaction. During this time I was looking for anything to give me some relief, here are a few methods that I found that did work to give me relief from the pain and itching.

Ice Packs: These help relieve some of the swelling, and the itching associated with hives. These can also be used to help revlieve itching associated with insect bites.

Basking Soda: This one can be a bit messy because its two table spoons of baking soda mixed with the same amount of water. Place the paste over the infected area.

Epsom Salts: Take a bath in Epsom salts with lukewarm water, don't use hot water, this can irritate hives.

Corn Starch: This one can also be made into a paste with water, but it can be sticky if done so on skin. I found the thing I liked to do with it was use it as a body powder by rubbing it on my body. It helped to eliminate moisture which also irritated hives.

So, these are some natural methods that I found to help treat hives. But keep in mind these are only ways to help relieve pain and itching when it comes to real treatment for acute to chronic cases seeing a doctor might be the best course of action as I found out myself.