Tricks to growing hair quicker....

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Farrah • Sep 26, 2012.

1. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Just looking for tips on helping hair grow faster and healthier. I just know in this day and age there has to be something out there. Something out there that doesn't break the bank. I am taking 5,000 mcg of Biotin in the morning, and in the evening. I am also taking prenatal vitamins, (not that I am pregnant, I just thought I remembered my hair growing quicker when I took them when I was pregnant. Any other remedied I can try?

2. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    There are many natural solutions to help grow hair. Most of them haven't contraindications, but need a treatment that is extended in time. From what I see, you're doing the right thing, but you can contribute to this process with some natural preparation. Drinking green tea regularly should help the hair growth. If you aren't a fan of tea or don't like the taste, you can eat it in capsules that you can buy in pharmacies and dietetic. Another option is safflower oil. Apply this oil on the scalp promotes good blood circulation. It´s regarded as a vasodilator (stimulates the dilation of blood vessels) and therefore, more and more nutrients and vitamins are easily carried to the hair follicle and gradually help grow hair. You can check some local herbalist to give you a hint of that style and choose the right product. :)

3. leyash

leyashActive Member

Threads:
    Prenatal vitamins and plenty of protein is typically the way that I accomplish this.

4. Blossom

BlossomActive Member

Threads:
    I've heard great things about castor oil really helping hair to grow. It's very thick and some people don't like the way it smells, but it seems to work extremely well. Also drink lots of water to keep hair moisturized and prevent breakage.

5. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    Extra Virgin Coconut oil is very good for your hair and many other things. You can even take a spoon full a day, its very good.

6. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Do you mean to consume it orally, or rub your scalp and hair with it?

7. iluvmario

iluvmarioActive Member

Threads:
    You can juice carrots for an extra boost in hair growth. Also silica will make your hair grow in faster and thicker. The biotin is a great option as well.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have always heard that applying aloe vera to your hair will help to make it grow faster. I haven't tried it out yet though.

9. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I use Biotin to grow my hair and also coconut oil. I shampoo with mane and tale and use those products and they do work. I think everyone is looking for that help to grow hair and keep it looking good. Green tea is also great for hair growth so try some everyday and just work with it all the time by massaging the scalp everyday. You will get those long locks back.

10. Asuna

AsunaActive Member

Threads:
    You should try a few diet supplements for hair. When I was taking Dromin or Merz Spezial for hair, my hair grew really fast. I also washed my hair with shampoo which contained coconut oil - it helped a lot.

11. Libragirl67

Libragirl67Active Member

Threads:
    Gelatin tablets work great for hair growth and they are all natural. And one key to hair growth is not letting your hair split and break off. So I would suggest using a split end conditioner and shampoo. And also hot oil treatments work well. Avoid blow drying your hair. This dryes it out and encourages split ends and breakage. Calcium and iron are also good for your skin and hair. But you should be getting plenty of that with the pre-natal vitamins. And always remember to drink plenty of water as well.

12. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I have also used biotin but it didn't do much for me. It can also cause some kind to different side effects which vary from person to person.mi would recommend to get various vegetables and just juice them in the morning and use that as a protein shake everyday for a few weeks, you should start to see a different in your hair quality after washing it as well as in your skin,
    Good luck!

13. APluckeyduck

APluckeyduckMember

Threads:
    I also tried 5000 mg of biotin daily for three months and didn't notice a difference. My hair seemed to be thinning out a little, so I tried monixidil for women, but instead of the hair on my head getting thicker, I noticed I was getting facial hair. I stopped it immediately and within a few days it wore off. I also hear that you only maintain hair growth as long as you are applying it. So, I just sprinkle a little toppix on the area and my hair looks much fuller and no side effects.

14. cmilliken

cmillikenMember

Threads:
    I have honestly heard that eating large amounts of gelatin makes your hair grow faster. Gelatin somehow causes the hair follicles to become overactive, causing your hair to grow at a faster rate. So, better stock up on Jello!

15. rebeccalj278

rebeccalj278New Member

Threads:
    I use coconut oil and castor oil. I use them weekly. It works wonderfully. Biotin should work as well. Drink a lot of water. All this should work just fine. :eek:

16. brittanyt28

brittanyt28Member

Threads:
    My hair is halfway down my back now. I've been growing mine out for a while. I quit coloring mine, and I get it trimmed just slightly every once in a while. I'm loving the results. I also try to find shampoos with no sulfate, because my hair seems to feel nicer after. Good luck on it, I know it's hard to do, because I have thought of cutting mine off at times, but then I see how long it's gotten, and I don't do it. I used to keep it shoulder length, so all my friends and family are like "your hair is so long!" Keep on growing it, and you will get what you want.

17. smilekill

smilekillNew Member

Threads:
    i support natural solution and guys you are awesome

18. angelapride

angelaprideBanned

Threads:
    It's better to go with natural treatments so you should use castor oil and coconut oil to grow hair quicker.

19. Joepal

JoepalNew Member

Threads:
    1. avoid tension
    2. avoid fast-food
    3. apply natural hair oil product daily
    4. avoid hair jell
    5. hair spa therapy is also beneficial for healthy and faster growing hair

20. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hair generally grows quicker and thicker during pregnancy, with or without prenatal vitamins. But eating right.. it's my answer to everything lol.