Tryneat.com

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Farrah • Oct 13, 2012.

1. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Ok, I keep seeing this commercial over and over. You know the one. It claims to scan all of your receipts and organize them. Its pretty expensive considering thats all it does. BUt what I am wondering is, can't a regular scanner do this?

2. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    My question exactly, I was just talking to a friend of mine about that the other day. I have a all in one printer and I am able to scan all of my documents to my printer in a file. Although, I think the one they are trying to sell has some software that comes with it that makes easier to organize or what have you. Now, I might be interested in the software alone to use with the scanner I have if they were to sell it apart from the scanner, but to buy the NeatDesk for over 400.00, no way. That is too expensive!!!! I agree with you on this one for sure!! But then again even if they did sell the software for organizing the files and all they would most likely be trying to ask for 200 for that alone.... Yeah I think I will still with my old scanner and no software.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have also been looking at the NeatDesk, it is costly. I need to scan my documents into the computer to send to my company, I think the NeatDesk would be faster than my all-in one because I could stack a few papers together and scan. The way I do it now I have to scan each piece of paper which can be a little time consuming. I still need to think about that price though.

4. Asuna

AsunaActive Member

Threads:
    We bought NeatDesk a while ago and it is quite useful. Our old all-in one was really time consuming and NeatDesk is rather fast.

5. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Personally I would rather stick with a flatbed scanner. Smaller items like receipts, and/or papers that have staples and stuff in them can get stuck in scanners like this. You could always look around for software to streamline the scanning process, there's probably even freeware apps out there for this. I picked up an Epson NX230 printer/scanner combo for like $40. The scanner on it works fine, no sense in spending hundreds of dollars on one.

I noticed they are offering some sort of cloud service as well. Not really a need for that either when there are free options from reputable companies like Google.