Tupperware Or Rubbermaid?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by deecee • May 5, 2012.

1. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    I love Rubbermaid.
    I can purchase it almost anywhere. It is cheap and durable. I t can go in the freezer.
    It is dishwasher safe. That is the most important issue to me. Sometimes the dishwasher will melt plastic ware that withstood the microwave.

2. Escad

EscadNew Member

Threads:
    I never heard about rubbermaid before, so I will choose Tupperware in term of quality and durability.

3. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    We have both and honestly, I like them equally. We first used Tupperware and I think it's one of the most well-known plastic container brand in the world. Since I was a little child, it's what we have used and all of our containers are still holding up well today. So when it comes to quality, there's nothing bad that I can say about it. Of course, price-wise, it's a little more expensive than other brands. But you do get what you pay for when it comes to this brand, so why not?

Rubbermaid is a newer brand, at least for me. It wasn't there while I was growing up but that doesn't mean that it cannot compete with Tupperware. We have a few containers from this brand and quality-wise, it's comparable to Tupperware. It's thick, sturdy and durable as well. It doesn't cost as much, maybe a tad bit lower than Tupperware.

I cannot choose between the two though. I think both are great brands and if ever you cannot find one brand in the store, you can opt for the other.

I hope this helps!

4. Lisa Davis

Lisa DavisActive Member

Threads:
    Rubbermaid is cheaper so I use it more. I am weary of plastic products in general. Plastic leeches and after a while it is supposed to be replaced or thrown out because it is actually porous. I prefer to just buy Rubbermaid and replace periodically honestly. Tupperware is extremely expensive but they do have some unique items that I would purchase because I am not aware that Rubbermaid makes an equivalent.

5. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    Just reading through all the responses, I guess I understand why Tupperware is so darn expensive now. It seems that the quality is top notch. Personally, I don't use a lot of plastic, I store a lot of my food in glass, but I do have a quick question. Are Tupperware products BPA free?