Tupperware?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by ziska • Jul 26, 2016.

1. abonnen

abonnenActive Member

Threads:
    People love Tupperware, I sale a lot of vintage type online sometimes and people just really like Tupperware. I think it is more expensive becasue doesn't it come with a really good warranty? Also I think that most of their products are made really durable as well! I personally do not use much Tupperware products, I really like those snap and seal type containers that have the snaps on the sides.

2. Joel7050

Joel7050New Member

Threads:
    i thought tupperware was long gone! I have some of those lying around the house but I never actually see them in stores anymore. At least not in my country. They used to be pretty affordable, I'm kind of surprised that their prices rose so much. maybe that's why they are slowly disappearing?

3. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    Aside from the cute colors, I won't buy these stuff because they cost a lot. There are a lot of products out there with the same quality but costs a lot cheaper than these. If it's gold then maybe I'll buy it. But if it won't cost a lot after 20 years, I'll just look for other alternatives. I'll be just buying the brand name if I buy those things now.

4. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I too agree that Tupperware products are too costly to afford. But I think their products are of highest quality. I bought some water bottles for my kids and the price was too high. But it is unbreakable and can survive even hot water. I generally hate plastic but for kids it is safe. They are made of food grade plastic. You can see their products are perfect and every care has been given while making it. There are duplicate products of Tupperware in the market but we can easily identify them due to very low quality.

For lunch box I use a brand called “Cello” which is quite economic and at the same time durable too. It has steel plates inside where food is kept so there is no contact with plastic. Outer body is made of plastic which keeps it cool.

5. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am also surprised by this thread because I grew up during the era of the Tupperware party where the host would invite his friends for a demo of Tupperware which has parlor games and prizes. Most often, the host provides food so it is really a party. But gone are those days or so I thought. I think I have to check my circle if they know about Tupperware because I still have to hear about it. But if the price is exorbitant, I don't think it will be patronized here.

6. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    They still have offices existing everywhere, but I don't get to here some parties anymore. And since they cost a lot, they don't get to sell like they used to. And most of the people who were selling a lot of these products are now selling other products which are more marketable.

7. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know why but plastic costs a lot in my country. A small container ca cost around 7.99. I don't know what the reason is but when I lived elsewhere, I only used Tupperware to store food. Now I use glass containers which are a lot cheaper and last the same as long as you're careful.

8. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I love tupper ware and everything, but for some reason I am kind of surprised that there is not something better that has came out or there is not really improvements to point to. Maybe I am just missing something, but I always have issues with keeping them clean.

9. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    We have a few Tupperwares over here, and they are indeed durable. But we haven't bought them for the longest time, because we opted to use the microwavable plastic containers or ice cream tubs to store food and other items. Spending so much on Tupperware items isn't worth it when you have cheaper and other alternatives to replace it.

10. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I consider tupperwares sold by catalogs way over priced. I can go to the dollar store and buy a good quality two pack of tupperwares. I mean they are not the cutest but they do their job by conserving food the way they are meant to. Besides there are many nice looking tupperwares sold cheap anywhere and plus replacing them is okay since they don't cost much

11. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    Tupperware is expensive for plastic which is such a cheap material. Also there are some very good quality plastic containers for sale a lot cheaper in other places.
    I remember going to Tupperware parties and even purchasing some of their products, but having the choice I much prefer to get the cheaper varieties.

12. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I would say Tupperware is worth the cost. I have been using theur products for more than 8 years and have no complains. I sream, store, warm, cook and cool stuff most conveniently.

I haven't replaced a single container in 8 years and they still look new!

13. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree Tupperware has become the first choice of people using food friendly boxes of different sizes. You can use them for almost every possible purpose including microwave. I carry my lunch to office and put it in microwave for 30 seconds although it is still in perfect condition

14. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I remember in the 70s, Tupperware was by-word among the women especially the mothers as far as their food keeper, containers, and the like is concerned. The various products are too "tough" to resist tough services which the ladies in the kitchen have to overcome. Thus, it is called by them as "tough" plastic wares.

15. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I always make it point to have some of this on hand. I tend to over cook a lot more than I would like to, but tah is just the way it is and so having the ability to save it up and use for later is pretty essential to me not wasting all my money.

16. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I have different sets of Tupperware products in my kitchen cabinet and most of them were given by my sister who used to be a direct seller of Tupperware. I wouldn't buy them myself because there are other high quality alternatives in the market that can be had at a fraction of the cost of Tupperware products. I haven't heard much about the company lately, however. In my generation, Tupperware was such a byword that people actually called plastic products as tupperware regardless of the brand.

17. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    We actually have tons of Tupperware containers in our kitchen since my mom was a distributor before. I can say that Tupperware is very durable and in really high quality since we've been using it since I was a child, so probably 2 decades now. But the price that you've mentioned was really shocking. It's too expensive and I would also think a lot of times before buying something that pricey, even though it's in high quality.

18. Kaushik Angara

Kaushik AngaraActive Member

Threads:
    I have been using Tupperware products for a couple of years now and I must say they are worth the price. Not a single scratch on the product yet no matter what kind of material you store: hot, cold and what not. They are long lasting and do not fade out easily. I feel it's a one-time investment on the items and then you can sit back and relax for some years without bothering about their quality.

Surely a yes from my side for Tupperware products in spite of their high price.

19. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    At this moment the only tupperwares I have are the old ones I purchased years ago. I just realized that the plastic ice cream tubs can be used as containers just like a tupperware container with a lid. Plastic tubs are free when you purchased a tub of ice cream and it is reusable as a container.

20. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    My mom loves the Tupperware products (I can't even tell you everything she has of that brand), but I think the prices are very expensive.

The quality is unquestionable (there is no denying) but the prices really need to be readjusted (for less), because in this way, they would gain even more customers.