Turn off the lights

Discussion in Gas & Electricity started by Peninha • Mar 14, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also sometimes stay up late to do some light reading on my PC. But I've never found necessary to have any lights on because the light from the monitor is enough for me to see stuff that's on my desk should I need any.

On other occasions when I'm in the living room and watching sports on the TV [at night], all the other lights will be off. Unless I'm using them, I always have the lights off which saves me a lot on electricity bills.

2. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    I don't leave any lights on I am not using it annoys me when my partner does. I can't see the point of having a light on I am not using its just a waste of electric. I don't leave any lights on for safety because I don't think burglars are bothered whether the lights on or not.

3. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree, it's a discipline we set to ourselves, no big deal. I leave the room, I shut down the light, there's nobody there, why is the light on? Funny enough I do that at work too, I turn down all the unnecessary lights even though I am not paying for these lol. :)

4. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    Where I live the streetlight shines in bright enough so I can see at night without having to leave anything on. But I can understand leaving a hall light on if you're home is really dark at night. I wouldn't want to have to get up to use the bathroom and then trip on something because I couldn't see.

#24Apr 9, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always turn off my lights at home when it's not being used, unless I fell asleep without turning it off first. Even if the light consumes just a little amount of electricity, at least you're saving the little amount of money that it consumes instead of wasting it.

6. Gmac9100

Gmac9100Active Member

Threads:
    Yes. I turn my lights off.

This something i do as adult, but when i was a kid. I really did not care. Simply because i did not understand the significance of it. Now that i am an adult, and i have to pay bills. I understand the affect that leaving on unused lights will have on your electric bill

It is a habit to me now. I only wish i would have known better when i was younger. I would have saved my parents a lot of money on their energy bill.

7. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's more or less like that lol Gmac. I still don't exactly get how much I save by turning the light off, but I know that I am saving so I made it as a habit to turn it off. My kids as well, I always make them go back to turn out the lights, they learn soon enough. :)