Tv Dinners Over Real Dinners?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by NinetyEighty1 • Aug 20, 2017.

1. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I know not many people nowadays rely on them and it may be a poor choice but would you consider temporarily having TV dinners such as stouffers or digiorno as an alternative? Added if you have coupons for said dinners and may have an in convenient work schedule or simply not the best cook?

2. jakub

jakubMember

Threads:
    It's not a poor choice but more likely the dishes used in the movies or tv shows are used primarily to fit with the mentioned productions.

3. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I think having a digiorno pizza and fixing yourself a nice salad while having a nice glass of wine would be a great idea sometimes. They(digiorno) even make a healthy type of pizza that has a thin and crispy crust-with spinach and garlic and I always liked stouffer's french bread pizza alot,with the two pizzas they give you in the box.

4. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I use TV dinners once in a while. It is nice to have a complete meal without much effort especially if it has been a busy day and I am just not in the mood to cook dinner. Obviously, the healthier option is to cook the meal yourself but they do have healthy options for you. I wouldn't use these types of dinners for every meal, but I don't see anything wrong with it once in a while. I know that my grocery store has them on sale and gives me coupons for them all the time.

5. NinetyEighty1

Threads:
    That actually sounds like a delightful dinner, I might have to look into healthy frozen dinners.

6. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    There is way too much chemicals with tv sinners. To make it worst you heat them with the microwave. It is like instant cancer in a box. It won't really save you money if you end up having cancer.

7. NinetyEighty1

Threads:
    That's true but really in order to end up in such a position it would have to be a long term thing. I am merely talking about having TV dinners every other week.

8. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I don't think it should be all the time, mainly cause TV dinners are not as healthy. Therefore, people just need to tough it out and learn to cook. I don't see an alternative.

Actually, all non-organic food is possibly very unhealthy.

9. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    These tv dinners are useful every now and then or for people who can't cook due to disabilities. My neighbor has an unsteady hand from MS and so she can only use the microwave to cook meals and depends on tv dinners. I bought her a dozen to keep her going for a couple of weeks today, but often there is a limited choice.

I do feel real dinners will always be preferable and healthier (and cheaper) but if you are cooking for one, it maybe cheaper to have a ready made tv dinner and also to save time. I find they are quite high in salt which isn't good if you have high blood pressure, so you should be careful of that if your blood pressure is high already.