Tv Fashion

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by gracer • Mar 4, 2016.

1. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    I am a lover of fashion and sometimes I can't help but notice and appreciate the things that I see on TV especially the ones worn and used by celebrities or famous individuals. If I see a cute outfit, shoes or any other kind of apparel on TV that attracts me and I happen to bump into the same kind in stores, I would buy them especially if the price is within what I can afford.

I'm not really obsessed in trying to imitate the famous ones but I use them as a basis of knowing the latest trends in fashion. How about you guys, do you also tend to be attracted to fashion styles shown on TV or do you buy according to your taste and comfort?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Knock-offs can be a good answer to those who want to keep up with fashion but don't intend to spend that much money on clothes that will be out of style in a very short time.

That said, I have never been someone who follows trends so even if I see clothes that look good on celebrities, I most certainly wouldn't buy them if I see them in a store.

3. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I find it problematic that people follow the fashion trends of celebrities without realizing that they are simply expressing their personality. This means that their real personality is suppressed. Some gangs identify themselves with certain trends and many have unwittingly found themselves in the firing line of rival criminal gangs because of what view are wearing.

4. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I love the fashion on Pretty Little Liars. They have the cutest clothes and I don't like just one character's outfit. I love them all! If only I had an endless budget and could dress like them.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do like some of the clothes that I see worn on my favorite TV shows. I haven't seen any of the clothes in the department stores where I shop. I wish I had the budget or the cash to buy some of the clothes I see on TV. There are many places online where you can find out where to buy the close worn on TV.

I do like the clothes worn on the show Scandal. There is a clothing line based on the main character, but the store that carries them isn't in my area.

6. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can appreciate how certain styles look on someone, but I don't find it attractive to look like everyone else. Especially when it's in an effort to look like the rich and famous. The truly stylish stand out, in my opinion.. they wouldn't in a million years blend in with a crowd of cookie cutters. They're far from trendy; which is a four letter word to me lol.

7. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I will admire outfits that celebrities wear, but I am not a person that follows the latest fashion trend. I never have been and do not see a change anytime soon. I prefer comfort over fashion trends so this is what I look for when I shop for myself. I do not really have a big clothing budget so staying up with the fashion world would not be possible.

8. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I do admire celebrity fashion but mostly when they're in casual wear. You know, when the paparazzi gets a photo of them during their rest days or something like that, lol. But with glamorous fashion in television, I don't really follow their styles there. It's just too glamorous for me and too fashionable, I guess.

That's why I am always looking at celebrities' casual style outfits whenever I have the chance. I find that magazines have these a lot. In television, it's mostly the paparazzi that is able to catch these styles of celebrities.

And that's what I usually like to follow or buy. I like kind of being inspired by their casual outfits because I'm all for comfort.

9. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    I remember this type of skirt that I always see worn by TV personalities and I just saw the same style of skirts being sold in a bazaar I've just been to. They're not the same brand of course but they have the same style. I guess it's the latest when it comes to skirts nowadays because I have seen a lot of them in stores lately. The younger ladies who could fit well on them are usually the ones who patronize them. They're really cute though, for the younger ones. :)

10. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree. I like to have my own flare, for sure. And a lot of the time, I find these expensive status symbols to be ugly and or unappealing to my own personal sense of fashion and style. So it makes no sense to me to want to copy those styles. it is very rare that I see fashion on television and want to run out and get those fashions for myself, although yes, I can appreciate someone else looking good.

11. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What more can we even do with fashion at this point? lol. They make things look weirder and weirder, but if they hang it on a skeleton first, it becomes beautiful and suddenly it's fashion. Or just change the old. Or just change the colour. Or just change the fabric or the length and cut. Then put it on a celebrity and cover your ears from the collective squee lol. But this has been going on for thousands of years, why stop now ;)
    Again, I do like some of it.. there isn't much more we can paint anymore, but I still like art. It's just, once it becomes a trend, that's my cue to run. Style, art, talent etc.. not one OF a million, but one IN a million.

12. DreekLass

Threads:
    It has been going on for thousands of years. And that not even mentioning the fact that older modes of fashion - or should I say 'vintage' fashion - are always coming back around again to where they spark another craze, just as they did years ago. People are so easy to manipulate lol. It 's like 'hey, that is not in fashion and it makes you look bad, but give it another cople of years and you will be ok to wear it again.' Lol

13. Cilivren

CilivrenMember

Threads:
    I do love a lot of clothes I see on celebrities or in TV shows/films, but most of the time they are way too expensive for me! When it comes to fashion trends, I can't say that I follow them. I never watch catwalks or buy fashion magazines, I just wear what I like. If it's trendy, and I like it - great! If it's trendy but not exactly my taste, I'll never buy that item. Plus, I don't understand many fashion trends nowadays!

14. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    This is so true! I have noticed that fashion trends are just recycled every now and then. they just come with additional twists whenever they come out again but the new versions are basically still the same compared to the previous versions. Like the high-waist pants that used to be an in thing when my mom was still young, they're an "in" thing again these days with a little bit of modification. The wide-legged pants also keep on coming and going every now and then.

Speaking of that, yeah, I also don't understand some of the things I see when it comes to fashion nowadays. I can't figure out whether I would classify them as weird, unsightly, over the top, just isn't right, or just plain wrong.

15. DreekLass

Threads:
    Literally, I have don't come across an old fashion trend that has had a new twist applied to in in a really really long time. The only twists these days are when the old fashion trends are combined with the newer more modern fashion trends like skinny jeans, to create a whole new flavor. But essentially it is all the same, and people are crazy for policing fashion when this is the case.

16. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do look at what celebrities wear, but I don't make it a point to imitate them. I still buy what I want and what looks good on me and I don't follow the latest fashion trends just because they're in at the moment.