TVpad - free chinese televsion over internet

Discussion in Product Reviews started by ghostwheel • Mar 18, 2014.

1. ghostwheel

ghostwheelMember

Threads:
    This is one for Chinese folk looking to access Chinese channels and programs over the internet.

I bought a TVPad from an eBay reseller at around £180 for my aunt and uncle. They were previously paying an extortionate amount for a TVB subscription, so we decided to see if we can save a bit of money by getting access for free using this device. Apparently, I've read that the company have their own licensing agreements in place, so that's taken care of.

The TVPad looks like one of those Apple TV pads and uses a remote control to access apps that can stream channels from Hong Kong (like TVB and various others). It also has apps so that you can stream movies as well as specific TV episodes.

It's now been several months since we installed it and generally speaking, it's been working reasonably well but we have discovered that there are certain times in the day when service just doesn't work - I suspect that the product is popular and there are just too many people trying to access the same service at the same time. During the Christmas period, there were whole days that it was down as well (they blamed it on a DOS attack but again I suspect they were just too busy)