Twitter Encourages Shopping With Product Pages

Discussion in Online Shopping started by GavinGimbo • Jun 20, 2015.

1. GavinGimbo

GavinGimboMember

Threads:
    It seems that Twitter is entering the online shopping scenario, or atleast encouraging it.

Basically they are testing out a new method on which when certain products are in people's tweets, they are automatically linked to a dedicated product page where you will be able to find images, description and an option to buy the product if you want.

Take a look at the picture below:

The_Martian_card_and_page.

This will enable tweeters to find relevant product information right on Twitter. It would include in letting Twitter profiles to create and share their collections of personal brands.

You can read more about it here:

What do you guys think? It's probably a nice addition for Twitter, especially when people want to advertise their products.

Let me know your comments!

2. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm sure that's going to be a really useful marketing tool for many people. It's about time that Twitter expanded it's functionality and the global audience that this new function will provide should lead many people to see a marked increase in sales.

3. GavinGimbo

GavinGimboMember

Threads:
    I completely agree. It is also a useful feature, to which I think tweets would become more interesting than it is right now. The next step I want to know is whether they will use direct checkout via PayPal or another payment method.