Two Companies That Pay You Without You Doing Anything

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Deeishere • Sep 13, 2016.

1. Deeishere

DeeishereActive Member

Threads:
    Well maybe I should not say without doing anything but there are two companies that I use that will pay you for having a device on your computer. One is called Smart Panel and the other is The digital Refection Panel. Now the Smart Panel you just download this device. They monitor where you go online but nothing personal like banks, e-mails etc.. I was able to cash out at $75. You will get paid $5 a month. The other company is more technical. They will send you a device that you connect to your router. They will ask you to register all computers, and phones. You can opt out of some of your devices by stating it is for work or the person refuse. So far I have $65 in my account. For me, this is a way to earn extra cash without really doing anything.

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't had good luck with those companies that pay you to download devices. I have tried Survey Savvy connect, on a couple of different devices and it never worked, just caused issues. I also tried neilsen mobile mobile connect, that never worked out either. it just wouldn't recognize my login in or something, I tried to get help and no help was offered. So, Maybe I will look at SmartPanel, but unless it is very user friendly, it may be difficult to use.

3. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm interested in the Smart Panel but I wonder how I could download the device. Maybe it's the software that I have to install in my computer? Well, I have checked the internet just now and I got a bad review regarding privacy. But it doesn't matter to me since I don't do serious things on the computer. However, one feedback is about difficulty of using the browser since there is a cookie embedded and it has an issue with the proxy. Maybe I have to research more because that $5 is not that substantial for the potential problem. But thanks for posting anyway.

4. AngelicDevilTel

AngelicDevilTelActive Member

Threads:
    I used Smart Panel but since my computer is a Linux laptop there isn't much I can do with it. I tried to get some devices removed from my account but they refused to remove them.

There is one for Android called Panel App and all you do is doing whatever you do daily and every once in a while they will send you a notification to take a survey. I have made a lot of points on that one but only really cashed out once.

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't like too much about downloads that monitor you even if the money is good, I'm very skeptical about them...did you check bbb.org about them? I can't download anything on my library netbook borrow that I must return soon especially if you can't remove them ever. I just don't feel safe with a download you can't control. Please check with bbb.org or other reviews like Norton safe web check too about them before you go get them.

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm still skeptical about any company that asks you to download things because obviously they are using your habits and monitoring them. Even though I have nothing to hide, it's like someone watching your every move and you are like a guinea pig being analyzed.

The pay may seem good, but what they get is so much more in return, but I would rather keep my privacy.

7. Xpence

XpenceNew Member

Threads:
    Do you feel secure while being monitored and yet you need your privacy while working online? They won't pay you unless they're after something, for their advantage. It seems that they are being paid by government institutions that want to monitor and spy on different citizens. I am not ready to try that out because they are not clear on which specific information they want.

8. Aree Wongwanlee

Aree WongwanleeActive Member

Threads:
    No, I don't think I am comfortable about consciously allowing a company to track everything I do. True, all my movements on the Web are already tracked by one company or another. However, I still want to retain some resemblance of privacy. I will pass on the $5.

9. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think it's accurate to say you aren't doing anything, because what you are doing is uploading software so they can track your habits and that's a little like having an open webcam on your computer 24/7. I think the pay should be much higher, and they are indeed getting a bargain.

One issue is you never know what will happen if they get hacked, and also how reputable the companies are. It's a big risk for such little money.

10. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    Very true. I too am vary of such apps which will monitor what you do on your computer. They are dangerous.
    Although I would love to install an earning app in my android phone which will not monitor me, but generate money. Even if I have to do some work. I prefer to work with my mobile.

11. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Aren't you thinking about the risk that you are playing with? When you give permission for an app to monitor your internet roaming, it may also have a way of navigating your storage. And with the computer, your hard disk may be at risk. It's okay with me if the site is a trusted one like Google or Facebook but for newbie sites, I wouldn't risk the health of my computer. And earning $5 a month is very small.

12. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with most people here. It's really difficult to trust apps like this these days since there's a lot of scammers online doing phishing and stuff. Malware can inject itself even on advertisements and steal your personal and bank data. Too risky for me to try, so I'll pass for now.

13. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Congratulations but no thank you. I have never used any app on my phone that tracks my activities so I avoid using my phone for earning purpose. My earning activities are limited to my laptop with the sites I am comfortable with. Maybe I will use an extra phone with minimum personal info for earning purpose.

14. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I am sceptical about this passive method of earning. It looks cool somehow but I think there is an associated significant amount of risk involved. What we happen in the case of the Smart Panel that you said monitors activities online, now what are assurances that your banking online or emails are safe using this app. I don't know really know much yet but may have to study it thoroughly

15. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    When reading your great money earning experience I really wanted to give it a try but I am concerned about privacy. As I keep reading everyones point of views the more I agree with them, I really don't know if in the long run it will actually be worth it. I guess I will have to look up more information.

16. kingcool52

kingcool52Active Member

Threads:
    I would love to join these types of sites that reward you for just giving them your internet browsing habits but I feel like they can get a lot of personal information this way and I just don't trust them. Plus the app seems to have really bad reviews on the Google Play Store which makes me even more skeptical. Seems that people are not being given bonuses for the data they are sharing

17. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I find it too risky. Your day-to-day online business transactions would be inevitably imperiled, your privacy is encroached. You will be in the long run at a loss.

Earning in a passive method like this one, downloading their software to keep track all your Net activities is dangerous. Let's not forget that many hackers are already on the loose. Chances are you will be one of their victims.

18. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:

I agree with this. I rather research and find out what exactly is that they collect in return for the payment. Nothing comes for free.

My personal data may be more valuable than a meagre $5. Depending on what it actually does one can grab this opportunity. I agree that it sounds really tempting.

19. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    That's good for you, but no... Thanks.

I really don't like the idea of having anything installed on my smartphone or on my computer without my knowledge. I don't trust in what can happen and the consequences may not be pleasant at all, so... I always avoid those things.

I only install something when I know the actual operation. I feel safer that way.

20. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Sounds pretty interesting! Well most of us are aware that security online is crucial as we do so many things online, managing our social media accounts, other stuffs and even banking. So as much as possible, we want our privacy to be as secured as possible. Earning a few bucks without doing plenty of things sounds appealing, however if it includes monitoring your online transactions whatsoever, I think I'll pass :)