Types Of Movies You Don't Like

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Feb 28, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't know why this is, but I've never really found the appeal in watching movies set in the olden times. I think I get too bored with the bland colors of everything being made of stone and wood and especially when most of the movie is set in a forest wherein all you'd see for majority of the movie would be just green and brown. Don't get me wrong, I do still appreciate some movies that are this type if the story is good enough, but it's rare that I gravitate towards it that I'd watch it more than once even when I do find myself liking it. I tried watching the LoTR movies and I fell asleep on all of them. Also, I'm not very fond of slasher films, because I've never been that much interested in gore and violence unless it was used to help the plot along, while these films usually just focus on it as a major part of the subject matter.

What are the types of movies that never appeal to you?

2. PSLoveCharli

PSLoveCharliActive Member

Threads:
    If you don't count Harry Potter series and Twilight Saga, then I can definitely say that I'm not a fantasy/supernatural movie person. I don't get it! I don't like to get all into the "make believe" aspect of films. And this includes monsters in horror movies. But it's interesting because I'll read the books all day! For instance, I've read The Hunger Games books, but I won't see the movies. :confused:

3. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I dislike movies with emo kids as the lead. I also dislike movies where the casts look like sissies and gays. This is why I hate movies adapted from teen novels like Twilight. There's no way anyone can get me to watch this type of movies despite how popular these movies are.

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm more about the storyline, acting etc. Most movies now are too fast paced to mean anything because they know the attention spans of the people they're trying to sponge money from are shorter than they used to be lol. People want action from the first frame, whereas, I want to be able to believe what I'm seeing. As for acting, let's see..... anything with Channing Tatum. Yes, I'm aware he has a six pack, but his acting is probably the worst in Hollywood and I'm curious to know what he did to finally make it to the top the way he did.... ahem LOL. Genre? hmmmm... I'm not into the Star Treks or Star Wars types movies. I was as a child, I loved the originals.. but they eventually lost me.

5. Cadence

CadenceMember

Threads:
    I don't think that there's any specific genre of movies that I don't like, basically all genres have both good and bad movies, with some exceptions of course. Something that is quite obviously horrible though are movies that are just.. crappy. You're watching it and all trough the movie you try telling yourself that it will get better soon, but it never does. Last movie I watched that was painfully bad was Lost Boys:The Thirst, a horrible vampire movie which seems like it's a parody but it's actually not. Just plain bad. I don't understand it, at all. So I guess that's one "genre" I don't like: badly made movies.

Something else I truly hate is aliens. And I'm not talking about movies taking place in space where everyone is obviously non-human. No, I'm talking about actually quite good movies where something out of the ordinary happens and it's all really intense and interesting and then.. BAM! Plot twist: Aliens. I'm like WHAT THE F**K, did I jut sit here for two hours waiting for a valid explanation for the whole movie and all I get is: Aliens. This upsets me SO much.

6. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    The only type of films I can't stand are chick flick films, apart from those I am happy to sit back and watch pretty much any other type of genre. Maybe I dislike chick flicks so much because there is a normally a lack of proper murders, action and gore?

7. Gmac9100

Gmac9100Active Member

Threads:
    I personally love all types of movies. I would lay back, and watch films all day if i could. although if i had to choose one genre that i watch most often. I would have to say comedy. Especially if i'm feeling down, or having a bad day. Laughter is like medicine to the soul. Comedy movies always cheer me up.

8. pahagwl

pahagwlActive Member

Threads:
    I generally do not like to watch romantic movies. I really am not a big fan of the genre solely due to the reason that I find them boring. Action and Thriller movies are the ones which I like the most. But I also watch movies from the crime and fantasy genre.

9. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are two types of movies I really hate, dramas and horror movies, I think we have enough of that in real life, so I don't want to spend my time or money in my leisure time going through that once again. Romantic and comedies aren't my type either, but I manage to watch them with my wife sometimes.