Types of Movies You Prefer Watching At Home

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Dec 3, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Going to the cinema nowadays is becoming more and more of a luxury, partly because it's getting very expensive and also the home theater experience is getting way better and thus more tempting. It's why I try and decide carefully which movies I'd actually like to experience watching on a big screen and which ones I prefer to just watch at home because these days I kinda do prefer watching at home more and more due to the fact that it affords me a bit more freedom to do what I want like check my phone and pause the video for snack and bathroom breaks.

That said, my favorite genre of movie to watch at home is comedy because usually there aren't any grand effects that I'd prefer seeing on a gigantic screen anyway, but it have to admit that sometimes it still more fun to watch comedies at the theater to laugh with my friends and everyone else.

What movies do you prefer to watch at home, if any, or do you prefer to watch all movies at the cinema if you could help it?

2. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Any movie that is thought provoking or comedic, because I like to pause a lot when watching impressing movies and laugh my lungs out when watching funny comedy. I don't like watching at the cinema due to the annoying people and the fact that I can pause the movie whenever I need to use the restroom, plus I don't like paying for expensive food which I can simply walk to get some food at my refrigerator if I'm at home. One day, I'll purchase a big screen TV or projection machine and watch movies on my homemade theater!

3. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I definitely agree with comedies, I find myself unable to laugh out loud in cinemas for fear of embarrassment. Also other people laughing loudly in cinemas can be very distracting and cause you to miss out on the puns in the movie.

4. Nate5

Nate5Member

Threads:
    Definitely comedies, but also movies that are in the "so bad it's good" category. For the latter, there are many times that you would want to make a witty comment just how bad the movie is, and obviously, you can't do that in a theater. When you're watching it with friends, it feels like a battle of wits, and you can't really do that anywhere else but at home. Movies like The Room, B-Movies, and whatever is on the wikipedia list "worst movies ever made".

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There's no theater in home town. Good thing about that is we never really have to make difficult choices like which movie to watch in the theater and so on. OK so that means regardless of what my preferences might be, I have to buy a DVD and watch the movie at home or just do some fancy streaming though I hate it. That's why I watch ALL movies at home. I don't know how much I've saved ever since I moved here but I think it's a lot of money.

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer watching at home, I only go to the theater if it's a new release and I have to see it or it's a social event with friends. Rather than what I prefer at home, I prefer any horror movies at the theater as other people are around me. I don't go and see many, but the few I have I go during the day as well. Those are the ones I won't watch at home alone!

7. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love going to the movies, especially when it with my date or friends. It's so much fun to go, grab the popcorn, sit in the movie theater, and watch the movie on the big screen. So I would say I probably would prefer to watch all the movies in a movie theater if money was not an issue. With that being said, I do prefer to watch romances at home, specially those steamy romantic movies just because somethings are uncomfortable to watch in the middle of other people!

8. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer watching drama or love story at home. In this way, I get to cry my heart out without getting embarassed. Watching movies at home has its advantage. For example, you can sit at whatever position you like or you can even lie down in the sofa. With the cost of going to the cinema getting more and more expensive, I have to be selective or choosy on what movie to watch. I like to watch movie in a cinema when the movie has a high quality effects or grand effects.

9. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I always enjoy watching romantic movies at home. They are the best time pass I had. I think it is wonderful to watch some good movies at home. It helps you relax quite a lot. I enjoy it completely.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I will only consider watching a movie at the cinema if it's a CGI movie for a more realistic feel. Other than that, I would just rather watch a movie at home, since we both have cable and an internet connection. I don't even buy DVD's anymore, I just download them.

11. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not picky with movie genres although I generally avoid sci-fi, action and horror. Outside these self-imposed limits, anything goes. I'm also interested in watching foreign films. Some of my all-time favorites are Korean and Japanese period movies. British films are downright witty so I also enjoy watching them. French movies are rather macabre so I don't watch them all the time, though I have to say The Artist is a really enjoyable film. I love animated films from Disney. They're more enjoyable when watched within the comforts of your home.

12. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    I like to watch movies that I don't really have to pay full attention to. I'll put on a good 90s action movie and just watch the action scenes. I also like to watch things where the plot isn't exactly that deep. That makes it perfect for me to be on my phone or make something to eat. If I'm watching something with a complex plot I would pause it numerous times and do other things periodically. I like to go see summer blockbusters at the teathers, but eventually I'll watch my favorites at home as well.