Types Of TV Shows You Never Watch

Discussion in Misc & Others started by DrRipley • Dec 10, 2013.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I admit, I watch almost any type of show, because I've always been kind of a TV junkie. However, I've never gotten into the soap opera type of reality shows like Real Housewives or Kardashians. I don't fault anyone for watching these, of course, and I do somewhat understand the entertainment value of them enough to know why people continually watch and support them. It's just not for me, and I never once stopped while clicking on the remote whenever I cam across one of these shows.

Are there any certain types of shows that you generally stay away from, or would you watch anything so long as they are good or appeal to you regardless of genre?

2. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    I also am not a big fan of reality shows. In particular the "Real House Wives of..." and pretty much any reality show on VH1. Speaking of which what happened to VH1? Why have they succumbed to just air reality show after reality show? Reality shows are not anyone's real reality. It's clearly TV reality and it's a shame that better programming has yet to replace these shows

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hate soap operas. Maybe it's because I'm the sort of guy who hates sappy stories with good endings. IMO soaps appeal mostly to women and girls who still dream of meeting Prince Charming in the near future. . .

By the way, I only watch news and Sport on TV so I don't know in what category you'd place me.

4. PSLoveCharli

PSLoveCharliActive Member

Threads:
    I never ever watch those fantasy type shows like "Sons of Anarchy", "Charmed", or any SyFy type show. I enjoy the fantasy movies, but I never have a desire to watch TV shows of the same genre (fantasy).

5. XxMotleyCrueXx

XxMotleyCrueXxNew Member

Threads:
    I hate reality shows! those are the only shows I don't watch. Main shows I do watch however is True Blood, Walking Dead, American Horror Stories, Buffy, Moonlight, Bloodties, and I will be watching Dr Who soon as well.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that reality shows are a waste of time, and I don't like watching sports shows of any kind. Also, I loathe any locally made and produced program here in my country. They all suck and are overly cheesy.

7. writeletters

writelettersMember

Threads:
    I hate reality shows because they're just boring, and to be honest, I don't care about anything going on in them. They're just a waste and a lost idea I think. I like watching BBC a lot because they have quality programs, and I also don't mind CW.

8. randee555

randee555Active Member

Threads:
    I don't watch reality shows like the Kardashians, real housewives, honey boo boo, etc. I don't watch syfy anymore even though I used to love scare tactics until it got super fake. I don't watch duck dynasty, moonshiners, or any of the show like that. I think my list can actually go on and on but my main point is I don't like the so called reality shows, it's just becoming too much and makes me miss good ol' sitcoms.

9. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always wanted ti watch tv shows like CSI and Criminal Minds, I think they are so cool and sound so fun when you hear about them, but then when I try to watch the I can't get into it!! I don't like that every episode bas a different storyline and you can watch and understand each episode separately. I like shows that have a continuity, one episode is necessary to understand the next! So sadly I can't connect with criminal shows!

10. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    Yup, I never watch reality shows too. Sometimes I think these shows are fake and the contestants are actors. I know a lot of people love to watch these shows but they never appeal to me, it uninteresting to me. Furthermore, there are so many reality shows they become redundant and boring since eveyone's more or less the same.

11. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    I never watch shows like "So You Think You Can Dance" and "Dancing With The Stars". Simply because dancing is not one of my interest, and in my opinion those shows are rigged. Just like all reality Tv shows. I don't not understand why people actually believe those shows are real. It is so obvious that they are not. I guess people do not care if they are being entertained.

12. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like music competition shows. The Voice, X-Factor, America's Got Talent, etc. It's too much about being flashy and pompous. Who can sing the loudest. Who can sing the highest. I've seen parts of America's Got Talent and whenever there's a pianist on that show they're a complete clown. I don't like seeing music in a competitive, popularity contest type of environment.

13. Cadence

CadenceMember

Threads:
    There's a bunch of shows I like to avoid.. Like most others I'm not into reality shows and I simply don't understand shows like the Real Housewives, Kardashians, Paradise Hotel, Bachelor etc. What's the point? I don't mind talent shows like Idol, The Voice etc but the only part I like watching is the auditions in the beginning. I don't care for the dancing competition shows like Let's Dance either.
    Thinking about it there's quite a few programs on TV I don't like. Science fiction shows with bad acting is another big no-no. And politics.