Tyson Canned Chicken

Discussion in Product Reviews started by lrd913 • Oct 8, 2014.

1. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    I usually use frozen or fresh chicken for my meals but that isn't always the easiest, especially after a long day. I've started using canned chicken and it's actually not that bad. It makes life so much easier because it's already cooked and all I need to do is drain the can.

The one thing that does bother me is the smell of the chicken once i open the can. It reminds me of tuna for some reason. I'm not sure why, but it really does remind me of that. I usually use the canned chicken with pasta, broccoli, and alfredo sauce. I've tried it in a few other things but it doesn't go with everything.

2. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    I've never tried the canned chicken. I am not a huge meat/ chicken eater anyway. I think I'm on my way to eliminating it all together from my diet. I do cook that for the rest of my family though. I have always been a bit nervous about buying meat in a can... no clue why. I just can't seem to get past that. I do like your idea with the veggies and the pasta though. If I'm ever pressed for time I think I may try this for the kids. :)

Thanks for the info!

Danyel :)

3. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    I really does making a meal so much easier. I'm the person who always forgets to get the chicken out to thaw from the freezer and it usually throws off my plans. I was nervous to try it at first but it's just chicken after all. I was a little confused as to why it was canned but it was a good buy. Sometimes you can buy them in packages of 2 or 3 which saves money.

I'm not a big meat eater, the only meat I eat is chicken to be honest. I've never really been a big red meat fan and I usually avoid it when I'm cooking for myself.