Uggs...what Do You Do With Them?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by MrsJones • Feb 27, 2015.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I know, I know...Uggs are ugly. I have a pair and it's cold and snowy and they're are just wonderful to wear but... what do you do to clean them, if you do? When they're are wet do you toss them in the dryer? My Uggs didn't come with a 'care' tag just a price tag. Of course I could go online and research it but that wouldn't be any fun.

So how do you take care of your Uggs?

2. MoneyMan

MoneyManMember

Threads:
    I have no experience in cleaning Uggs, however I own a couple of pairs. Whenever they do get dirty however, I just use a wet cloth and softly rub the stain. Then use a dry paper towel to finish. I recommend looking at their website to see the official way of cleaning them.

3. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    I find them really ugly although I must admit that they are really very warm. I think it also depends on the way you wear them. Some people wear them while they are already rather dirty and I think that's really quite unsightly. You really have to follow the way to care for them in order for you to appreciate the way it actually looks.

4. bombshell

bombshellMember

Threads:
    I
    I know they are, hideous aren't they? Needless to say I try to get a new pair every winter because they are like walking on clouds in heaven, and warm as all get out. I spray a water and stain repellent when I get a new pair so I don't have to worry about it when I'm walking through the snow. Try it, it really works.

5. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The best bet is to treat them with a water and stain repellent, as bombshell says. When they get wet, stuff them with newspaper and stand them upright to dry. Mud etc can then just be swept off with a damp paper towel or cloth.

6. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    I've never owned any Uggs because I agree with the other posters that they are Ugg-ly. But this conversation is piquing my interest. Now I'm thinking of buying a pair since my feet get pretty cold at times. I have used stain repellent on other types of boots, so why not on these too? Thanks for all the advice everyone.

7. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually love Uggs. I don't own a pair but I recently bought something close to what it looks like though from a different brand. Most Ugg boots are lined with fleece so it's difficult to clean them. I use a special kind of brush to remove the dirt sticking to its exterior. When washing, I simply soak the boots in soap-drenched water for an hour or two before rinsing and letting them dry.

8. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I was given a pair when I needed boots, but found them to not work for me at all. I endured them for a couple of winters, wearing them only when there was snow on the ground and I truly had no choice. They are far too loose at the ankle for me because there is no zipper or strap, or even elastic. The results were a 2 mile walk feeling like I was dragging the boot through the snow with me. It was quite the workout, before work, and on the way home. I gave them away as soon as I had the ability to obtain a pair of boots that were made for really walking.

9. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I'm also an Ugg lover over here and don't think they are ugly. Hah.

I sprayed mine with suede protector (or scotch guard, maybe) so if they get wet it doesn't do anything permanent. I avoid puddles and mud with mine, but they've been rained on several times and are still looking really good for being almost a decade old. I wipe mine off with a wet or dry cloth if necessary.

10. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    Oh they are so ugly, and yet so warm and comfortable. I own a pair and will just run a wet wash cloth over them when they are dirty. I do not have the suede kind, mine are the sweater Uggs. I have not yet had to clean the inside of them as I don't wear mine often so there is no bad odor.

11. wahmee

wahmeeMember

Threads:
    I love my uggs and I've worn them so much. Mine are the knitted ones so they get really wet and discoloured. I put them in a skanky old pillowcase I have and throw them in the wash. Works wobders