Unflavoured Whey Protein

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Bolt • Oct 5, 2012.

1. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Adding flavour and mixing in the flavour increases costs for both the manufacturer and the buyer.

Here is an example of the money you can save by buying unflavoured whey protein -

Myprotein is the market leader for online supplements in the UK. A 5kg pouch of flavoured whey protein costs £54.79 and the unflavoured versions costs £44.49.

Not only will you be saving £10.30 by buying unflavoured, you will also cut out the nasty ingredients found in flavoured whey protein.

Do you buy flavoured or unflavoured whey protein? Would you buy unflavoured to save money?

2. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    I buy flavoured (vanilla being my favourite), and have not considered this aspect of saving a neat £10 for every purchase by opting for a non-flavoured version. Yes, I would definitely buy an unflavoured version, and probably blend it with a mashed banana for flavour + nutrition. Thanks for this great tip!

3. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    If I did buy whey protein (and I've been flirting with the idea) I would definitely buy unflavored, not just because of the price difference (and thanks for that information) but also because that way I could flavor my smoothies however I want to without being limited to the taste of the whey protein.

4. FirstBaby2011

FirstBaby2011Active Member

Threads:
    Thank you for this money saving tip. My younger brother is wanting to get back to buying protein powder, but he is on a strict budget. Buying unflavored whey and adding in some frozen fruit or peanut butter would help him to gain muscle mass while he is busy with full college course loads.

5. Autismamak8

Autismamak8New Member

Threads:
    Wow that's a brilliant idea, now where can I buy it in Canada? My husband buys his flavoured stuff at Costco but I don't like it and want to add it to my smoothies without that weird fake vanilla flavor