Unique Money-saving Bouquet For A Gift

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by EditorsRHumansToo! • May 13, 2015.

1. EditorsRHumansToo!

EditorsRHumansToo!Member

Threads:
    My husband and I shared second thoughts about buying that bunch of luscious red roses. At the supermarket, bouquets cost $25-$45 to pick from the many choices. If we got carried away with our romanticizing, a large family as ours with more than seven children, and pick a $35 bunch is a fortune. We ended up not buying it after asking me if I wanted one.

Here was my suggestion: Make a paper flower bouquet. Instead of art paper tissues (another expense), use AUD 20 dollar bills (red). Fold each bill in rose shape petals. Use AUD 100 dollar bills (green) for leaves. Make 24 stems of them. And arrange them in a vase on a mantle piece or buffet. Keep out of reach of teens! :)

Save and keep making stems of your savings. You see by the end of the year, your bouquet has flourished.

Of course, we had a good laugh as we walked, tightly holding hands.

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I think this is a very good idea. I was skeptical about using money instead of colored paper at first when I thought it was merely for decoration but after realizing this is more of a hybrid of decoration and saving I can now understand why it is a much better option. The only problem I'd have with it is that I'd be hesitant to disassemble it once it does reach a certain amount but it's a fun activity to build it and take it apart with the family anyway.