Unlimited Website Hosting

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by Theo • Jun 15, 2015.

1. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Which company is best for unlimited website hosting? Some allow up to 3 then 10 (Namecheap) but I am looking at alternatives as some companies offer unlimited sites, but if their service isn't as good then it's not worth it.

Any experience or recommendations. I was going to go with Namecheap, but if I decided to run more than three sites, then I will have to get another package, but want to keep costs down in case I don't have time to manage all the sites.

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Unlimited website hosting? This is the first time I'm hearing of it. Shouldn't there be a limit to all web hostings? Or maybe I don't know any better.

I looked through the site you recommended and the price they posted is, by all measurement, affordable - only $22.88 for the first year. So does that mean the price will increase over the next few years? The offer may appear so attractive but there might be more to this than meets the eye. I hope they're not trying to pull off a Blue Host.

3. bonzer

bonzerActive Member

Threads:
    Most companies offer unlimited websites, unlimited bandwidth, and unlimited storage with some of their hosting plans. Prominent companies that offer unlimited hosting are Godaddy, hostgator, hostmonster, and even Namecheap. It all depends on what plan you select. I think NC's professional plan might suit you.

4. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    First off, there is not such a thing like "unlimited hosting" but unmettered resources, which at some point might have a limit, but the companies don't expect the average user reach it.

Secondly, depends much on your available budget. There are unmettered hosting packages below $5 per month, others are $10 per month, and other below $15 or $20.

Difference comes from the companies offering the packages, server specs. etc.

However as a rule of thumb, I would avoid any hosting service coming from domain registrar services including Namecheap, GoDaddy, Dynadot, 1&1 and so on.

These companies may be good to buy domain names but are reputed for being worst choices when it comes to hosting.

5. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I won't go with Godaddy as I find their site riddled with small print and extras here and there. The reason why I need to host a few websites is because I am setting up sites for my friends who are actors, as a favor to help them out. So I could keep them on free hosting because they are only a few pages, (about, resume and a few photos), but if I had unlimited hosting I could have added them.

I would rather spend money on hosting sites that really need it. I've been reading so many reviews and the thing is, if it's a webmaster reviewing it, it doesn't help me as they know what they are looking for. Everyone seems to need some customer support and that's a key issue. Mine is more reliability.

I agree with Godaddy and 1&1 as I have had bad experiences with their domains. The recommended ones in reviews don't all seem to point to the same sites. I'm sure people move around too, but I would rather find something good, rather than switch all the time.

6. bonzer

bonzerActive Member

Threads:
    @MyDigitalpoint@MyDigitalpoint: Well, you've taken out most of the hosting firms from the equation. I do agree that Godaddy spams you a lot and is a bit on the higher side. But Namecheap offers competitive pricing with excellent customer service. There are certain important considerations like unlimited bandwidth, unlimited disk space, and 99.9% uptime while being cheap and affordable.

You still got to select some good site with good service with affordable rates. My choices are Namecheap and Hostgator.

Hostgator is currently offering 20% discount for its baby plan which allows to host multiple domains. The thread starter (Theo wanted to host more than 3 domains). I don't see any sites which offer under $5 per month if you want unlimited website hosting. Hostgator's plan of $6.36 per month is still the cheapest for the requirements of the thread starter.

7. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I'm still looking and seeing if some sites that I don't need to update (more static ones) on free hosting. I looked at hostgator and I know many people use it, but my friend uses it (her developer chose it) and I didn't like their cPanel, plus the 3 year tie in to get a better rate is what puts me off as I was stuck with JustHost for 4 years. I don't want anything more than a year, so I'm still looking...

8. Aasif Khan

Aasif KhanMember

Threads:
    Totally agree to that statement. Strictly use domain registrars for registering domains only. I am currently using an unlimited plan from arvixe.com. The plans start from$4.00 per month.They have great support and I have never experienced any problems from them. If you want to test them out, use the coupon prchecker25 . It provides 25% OFF hosting.