Unwinding at the end of the day

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Jennifer • Aug 2, 2012.

1. Jennifer

JenniferActive Member

Threads:
    After being away from home the whole day and feeling totally exhausted there is nothing nicer for me when I walk through my front door than to kick off my shoes, pour myself a glass of chardonnay (in winter it would be a glass of red), flop on the sofa and relax!

What do you do to relax and re-charge your batteries after a long tiring day?

2. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I pretty much do what you do! In the winter months, it gets pretty cold here so I would be more likely to go for some kind of hot drink instead. It is always nice to take a few minutes to relax before beginning on making dinner and evening cleaning chores. Then after all those are done, another glass is definately a must!

3. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    There are a couple of things I enjoy doing...one is immediately going to a yoga class, it is so super relaxing, like meditation in movement. That deeply relaxes me. If I do not feel like yoga, which is rare...I will just hang out with my loved ones and have some yummy snacks (-: and watch a light comedy or similar.

4. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, just coming in and plopping down would be a treat for me. When I get home I have to start doing a bunch of crap. Like make dinner for everyone. Why is it men can come home from work and relax, but the woman just can't. We have to start our 2nd job of taking care of everyone else. It really isn't fair is it?

5. JenVarsity

JenVarsityMember

Threads:
    I hear you! I'm home all day with my daughter and in the interim I quote for our business. I'm on my feet all day. When my husband comes home from work it's supposed to be time for us to relax together, but them I'm running around making supper and finishing all the things he thought I should have accomplished during the day that I didn't.

My relaxation time is when I'm sleeping...and I don't do that very well either!

JenVarsity

6. Pocs

PocsActive Member

Threads:
    That's the ticket Farrah.. Except I would opt for a margarita. After catching my breath I find the best stress release is cooking. I get lost it, forget my troubles and focus on the task at hand. Most be would call this more work, but I call it relaxation. After a nice meal my hubby and I share the clean up and watch a movie, go for a walk or sometime play rock band (we practice so we can beat the kids).

7. beckyv1265

beckyv1265Active Member

Threads:
    I would love a drink and time to unwind unfortunately I have way too many kids and I usualy have to drive one or another to a game or practice. I don't usualy get to relax till they are in bed around 9-10 oclock.

8. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I love to unwind with a couple of shots of cognac at the end of a bad day. It's refreshing and can make you sleep really well. Play some really nice music and just relax and unwind will make my day seem not so bad after all. Not everyday though, just on those days when it's needed.

9. Blossom

BlossomActive Member

Threads:
    When I get home from a long day and I am exhausted, I usually eat something if I didn't get anything while I was out. After that, I am usually not much good and I just go to sleep. If it's before 6pm, I will take a short nap and wake up around 8pm. If it's around 10pm when I get home, I usually just go to bed.

10. iNg

iNgMember

Threads:
    Take a shower, eat something i love, play a game and when i go to bed i'll listen to a podcast on my iPod until i fall asleep.

11. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love to take a hot shower. I let the water beat down on the back of my neck. It's a poor woman's message. Then I fixed myself a chai latte with a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg.

12. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have an end of the day in the normal sense of the phrase. That's because I work at home and my work schedule is not fixed. What I usually do is keep working until I feel tired. Usually it's my eyes that feel the strain first. Then I would take a bath and have a nap.

13. niceness8000

niceness8000Active Member

Threads:
    You and I are in the same boat, Victor. What I do is take breaks intermittently throughout the day to sit on my patio and listen to Disney tunes in my ipod. It's even more relaxing when it's raining outside (my patio is screened in and covered). I also like to walk around the neighborhood at and envision myself as I will be when my plans to be financially free fall into place. I imagine how my thoughts and feeling will change from what they are right now, at a time where money is at the back of my mind instead at the forefront.

14. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also work at home which makes it feel like I never stop working. While kids are still out of school it is work, cook and clean. I sneak in a glass of wine when I can.

15. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    Lately I've had to come home from a long day and hit the books for class but know that the semester is over, I can come home and relax. My husband cooks and will serve me dinner and we usually watch wrestling together and cuddle on the couch.

16. FlipKup

FlipKupMember

Threads:
    Get in my bed, and take a long nap!

This is honestly the best way to release all the negative energy from the day and wake up to be just as productive as before! There's also meditation, if you're more into that! As long as the mind and body both get downtime, a long tiring day will seem like nothing. Try it!

17. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    I usually have a hot bath or shower. Eat plenty of fresh fruit and drink some ice water while I chill out in front of the tv. Sometimes I go online and play a bit of poker.

18. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I like to listen to music or watch a good movie. I usually do anything, but writing because I do that all day. If I have the urge I'll go for a walk just to clear my head. Naps are also a great way to recharge and get back into the groove of the daily grind.

19. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I would take a walk also to unwind before coming home and that make a refreshing start to your night before you take a nap. It will unwind your body and clear your mind of certain things that may have happened during the day. Sometimes you can just call a friend like I do and have a chat and things will seem much clearer for a good day the next day.

20. fishyfinz

fishyfinzMember

Threads:
    I usually do what you do but the glass of wine bit is not often. Instead I prefer listening to music to unwind or I watch the television. Sometimes, I feel so tired that I just go off to sleep.