Unwinding at the end of the day

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Jennifer • Aug 2, 2012.

1. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I like to talk to my friends and tell them about my day and they tell me about there day also. Sometimes when you get that stuff of your chest you can relax and have a nice day and the problem won't seem so big after all and you can have a very good night. So that is one of the things that I do or I read a book or magazine and the pictures of different places make you feel like you are there also. It's called going on a dream vacation.

2. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    Come home, sit with my fiancee and our cats and listen to jazz or a 1930s, 1940s, 1950s radio play. It's fantastic and the best part of my day. Weekends are even better: watch movies, eat a nice meal and then a dessert, relax, get to stay up all night and sleep in on Sundays, go to the gym, cook, read and then relax to old swing music. Ah, the best part of life!

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to have a cocktail while browsing food blogs and recipe sites and look for something that interests me, then head over to the grocery store and get what I need. Cooking relaxes me, so I'll make myself a nice dinner. If I don't have any plans for the evening, I'll take a hot bath, then either watch a movie or listen to some music while browsing the web, and have a few more drinks.

Other days I'll take a nap, then get up real late and go grocery shopping. I love shopping at the wee hours at stores that are open 24 hours.

4. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I turn on the computer and I visit the blogs or forums that interests me. I also play computer games or watch movies when it strikes me.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually have a cup of coffee or iced coffee and read some funny websites like FML or Failblog.
    Then I watch a Korean drama or a Gordon Ramsay show before I do some work on the computer overnight.

6. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I usually raid my refrigerator for food and then my day still isn't over I have to do stacks of homework. But after that I just relax with friends or fall alseep.

7. cmarten

cmartenMember

Threads:
    Me too! I also homeschool my two sons, so schedule gets hectic and my work doesn't always get done by a normal closing time. I'm often working after dinner every night. I do always play an online game for a couple of hours before I go to sleep though. It's fun and I get a bit of adult socializing instead of dealing with Mom-stuff and business-stuff only.

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Me too. And people think that working at home means you relax all the time. Not true. You have to do more mentally taxing work for longer hours than you would at an outside job.
    The most important advantage I see of working from home is being able to walk my daughter to and from school, being able to take off when she has an emergency and watching her grow up.
    But my house isn't any cleaner than someone with an outside job and I don't have more free time.

There's no separation between my work and home life. If I take some time to myself, I walk past my computer with a guilty feeling, thinking "I should be working right now. I'm losing money by relaxing." And a lot of times I eat meals at my desk while working.

I'm not complaining because being a hands-on parent is worth it, but people have a lot of illusions about working from home, and it's not all peaches and cream.

#28Sep 15, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  9. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    A beer or a cocktail and a good book.

10. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    I wish I had the luxury to kick back and relax after a long day of work. Lately, after getting off work I'm usually stuck babysitting my baby niece. My sister works in the evening and I'm the only one available. It's definitely hard to relax and unwind with a hyperactive baby in your care. But on those lucky days when I don't have to babysit, I'd come home and either take a nap or plop on the couch to watch some TV.

11. dvharris

dvharrisMember

Threads:
    I'm a stay at home mom and the best part of my day is the hour of silence after my children go to sleep until my husband gets home from work. I enjoy the quiet moments where I get to reflect and journal. It's also the time when me and my bestfriend (the remote)get to reconnect. My husband takes over the television when he gets home and that's when I am able to jump on the computer for some fun time and not doing much. I enjoy the moments of quiet and no kids bouncing off the walls.

12. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I have an 18 month old, so it's hard to unwind while he's still awake. I'm too busy chasing him around, making sure he's not up to something. However, almost every day we take family walks together and that's our solution to unwinding for the day. We will let our son run around a little bit too which he loves and it gets him nice and worn out for bedtime. :)

13. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    I love coming home to my dog's wagging tail and her happy face. Depending on my mood I either go for a Cuba Libre, bourbon on the rocks, or beer and I smoke a couple joints while watching TV...Life is good.

14. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    Life is good with those joints I'm sure because you are in another world. Do you think you could relax without that? Your drink should be enough to relax you into a peaceful nights sleep. Careful with your health, take care of that and you should be alright. Life is good if you take care of your health. Peace out!

15. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:

I love to come home and take a nice warm shower and make some hot cocoa, cuddle up in my bed and watch a good movie with not interruptions and just relax, ( in the wintertime, now in the summer time it would ba a cool shower and a nice cold soda or a glass of tea).

16. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I get on my laptop and read the latest happenings on the forums where I'm a member of. I have a cake and a cup hot chocolate beside me during the night. I usually arrive home at around noon since I my classes are only up to lunch that's why I don't unwind just yet. I first do the tasks that I need to do such as manage my blogs, and read some articles about internet marketing. However, as nighttime falls, that is the time when I do my usual practices.

17. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I read a book or look in my woman's world to see what's new and always read about the angels and the good deeds that they have done for people. I also love to read the romance articles as well. But womans world magazine has some very interesting articles in it about the different health products you can buy and use for your health also, like teas, and herbs. I usually go to sleep with them in the bed with me.

18. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just eat whatever I want when I get home, even if it's quite fattening, and then sleep. I don't drink, so food would be the only option that I can treat myself. I also watch tv while going on my eating binge to entertain myself.

19. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Kicking off the shoes is a must! I always like to take a shower after I get back from a long day. A refreshing shower during hot days, and a warm, nice shower in cold days.

20. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    At this time of the year, after going out shopping or whatever, I get a hot cup of cocoa and lay on my bed with a good magazine like First for Women, Womans World or something like that and kick my feet up and relax for awhile before I start wrapping presents or making a few phone calls.