Upcyle Your Old Cheese Grater

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Jani • Apr 15, 2016.

1. Jani

JaniNew Member

Threads:
    I bought myself a new cheese grater and was wondering what will I do with my old one.

I came across this picture and thought it was worth sharing.

You can paint it any colour you like, give it your own artistic touch by putting something like an old fake flower on or something that will suit your style. Use it as a place to hang your earnings.

Enjoy your Upcyling!

Attached Files:

2. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I've seen this done before and thought it was quite a clever idea, but I'm really clumsy so I'd probably end up cutting my fingers trying to get the earrings out! For those less clumsy than I am though, it's a great idea!

I've also seen them turned upside down and used for planting herbs in too. And it's great that it's a kitchen tool used in the kitchen to keep something in, I think!

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's a cool and creative take on cheese grater upcycling. The thing is, we don't have that kind of cheese grater at home. What we have is the flat, metallic one just a little bit bigger than the a regular person's palm. It's not possible to upcycle it because it's made from stainless steel. The other grater is made from plastic. Perhaps when the color wears off, I'd think about repainting it.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have seen some "art" made with cheese graters as well as the earring holder thing. It is a cute idea. but since I rarely use a cheese grater mine is still pretty new looking. Sometimes they can get rusty though and may need some renovating. Upcycling them is a clever idea. SOmething that I think about but probably wouldn't do.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Great idea. It doesn't even really look like a cheese grater anymore which is awesome. I think this is one of the projects that a lot of people can do too since you only have to paint it and I do love to paint items so this is right up my alley. I don't have any spare cheese graters lying around though so I'll have to wait until the one I'm using is worn out, but that may take a while because I don't use it that much. Still, for anyone who does use these a lot to wear them out and replace them regularly I think this is great.