Usb Disk

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Corzhens • Feb 20, 2016.

1. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In our last trip to Hongkong, we bought some USB disks for giveaway last Christmas. The design are mostly cartoon characters that would be a hit with the teenagers. We bought 10 units for a big discount (buy 4 get 1 free). Unfortunately when we came home and tested, not one is working. It's really sad to think that we bought that from abroad.

I actually had asked the vendor to test the units but she has no laptop then. And we gambled on the word of the vendor that the USB disks are all working... and they turned out to be a dud.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A friend of mine recently bought an SD card from some store. It was cheap and he thought he had got a great deal but that changed when he tried to save some music files on it. The moment he pasted them on the SD card they'd get corrupt. He couldn't return the SD card [trip back would have cost more] and he lost his money that easily.

3. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of a situation like this happening before. What the hell? If you buy a product and it is not working or performing in the way that it should once you gt it home, then you should be able to return it to the place of purchase and get your money back.I have never encountered a problem like this with an SD card thankfully.

4. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    Considering that you bought it and did not test it there and then, it was probably a little shortsighted. You should always test things out especially when buying bulk products especially in China. It all seems great until you realize that they sold you defected products.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    There are some products that can be easily faked and this as it turns out is one of them as I have read a few blog articles saying the exact same thing. I believe some sellers use cheap materials and just cover it up with branded shells or in this case a cute one to entice customers. It's why I would only ever buy official brands at official retailers or at least somewhere I can return it if it turns out to be fake. Anyway thank you for the heads up and I'm sorry you had to lose money on that transaction. Hopefully it wasn't too expensive.

6. integrity101

integrity101New Member

Threads:
    Sorry for the bad experience but not all Hong Kong (or Chinese) products are fake. I have bought several cheap gadgets from China and most are still working. However, it pays to do due diligence when buying anything from the East since a large percentage of their cheap products are, well, of cheap quality. Never pay before you test, that is my philosophy.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you were buying a memory card or flash drive from a store they are all sealed, so you can't really test them, right? But rest assured that you can return them within 7 days if it's defective. In your case you bought them from abroad, and they didn't work, unfortunately, so I guess the lesson there is if it's too cheap, then be wary, because it might be defective.