Use Back To School Sales, but not for school!

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by alc89 • Oct 5, 2012.

1. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    Hi, everyone -

I am not a student anymore and I do not have any children yet, but Back to School sales are a great time to stock up. While we may not need boxes of crayons or #2 pencils, we can always use notebooks, folders, notepads, binders, etc. in different aspects of our lives. For anyone who does presentations (such as myself, for a volunteer position), this is a great time to pick up supplies like presentation boards, poster boards, etc. Remember that many of the "teacher's supplies" are part of the Back of School sales - teachers are, after all, going back to school, too! I would suspect that staplers, Staples, tape dispensers, hole punchers... all things that our homes or our offices need. What do you all think? What other tips do you have?

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I think it's a great idea to use the back to school sales for other things, too. I always stock up on notebooks because I take a lot of notes and used to journal a lot.

I actually like picking up some of them super cheap and then donating them. I feel like it's an easy way to make a big difference, but without breaking the bank.

3. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    This is a good idea. We should also take note that back to school sale would not always include pens, crayons and papers. There are some shops that even put laptops, tablets and some other gadgets on sale that could also be used as tools to improve knowledge and performance in school!

4. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    Wow, this is truly a great idea. There are a lot of "backpack drives" that I am coming across to lately. It's when you donate school supplies to those in need so they don't have to start the school year on a bad note - so they'll get their school supplies, a sturdy backpack, etc. This way, the parents don't have to worry about this stuff and they can spend their money on more valuable things that the family needs. What a great tip to help out the community (and I guess, you can say, to drive the economy, even if the prices are low!).

5. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I love the back to school sales as this is when I get office supplies for the entire year at deep discounted prices. I have to go shopping for my kids anyhow, so I purchase bulk supplies of paper, pens, pencils, glue, and anything else I can think of. I purchase the supplies in large quantities, so I have enough to last the entire year, and sometimes have left overs. You can save a lot of money if you think ahead of what you might need that year.

6. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Notepads are great no matter what your age, since you'll almost always have to take down information on paper. I always stock up on them whenever they go on discount, sometimes they can be cheaper per sheet than standard A4 printing paper!

7. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    There are lots of good sales for back to school that have things people need for work or life in general. I usually stock up on pens at back to school sales so I don't have to buy them at regular price later in the year. Little notebooks are also a great thing to stock up on, as they are super handy and I use a lot of them. I've also gotten shoes at a great sale price during a back to school sale, since I am able to wear Payless youth extended sizes.

8. TommyVercetti

TommyVercettiActive Member

Threads:
    Yup, I do this myself as well. I stock up on office supplies like paper and pens. In my line of work I use a lot of paper and back to school sales are the best time to buy paper in bulk.