Use Live Chat To Get Discounts?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Denis Hard • Nov 12, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When buying something on some store where you can chat with customer service reps to find out more about a product you want to buy, you can use this to your advantage to not only get all the information you need before you make a commitment to buy something but it also gives you the opportunity to ask for a discount. If you are lucky you could get a 5% discount or even a 10% discount.

All you have to is ask. Try it some time.

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of this but this it makes sense. Good suggestion, I would rather use chat than call on the phone anytime.

3. CherylTorrie

CherylTorrieMember

Threads:
    This thread is very timely. I use live chat to get help with my online purchases a lot but I have never thought to ask if there are any discounts I am missing. I have done it in person at the big national stores that are always offering some type of special offer but never on live chat. I have even gotten an employee store discount at a local sporting goods store because the employee thought it was adorable that I asked. No harm in trying right?

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't ask for discounts and can see that I am not being very smart when spending my money. I forgot that I can get a senior citizen coffee at McDonald's but I do have to order a senior citizen coffee which is a small and pay .84 instead of the $1. for the small cup of coffee.

5. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Live chat can get you discounts or even free shipping. It does depend on the site and what you are buying. If you have issues with your order or you pause for a long time, then the chat box will come up to help you.

It can work at times, because what they hate to see is a basket that gets full but then doesn't check out. They are primed to get people to complete their purchase.