Use Tea Bags Frugally

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Decentlady • Dec 21, 2016.

1. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    If a single cup of tea is being made using a tea bag, most tea powder is wasted I feel. Tea bags are costlier than the loose tea powder.

Instead the used bag can be stored in fridge for subsequent usages depending on how strong you like your tea.

Many peoole throw away tea bags after a single use. How do you save on your tea bags?

2. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I've read an article once regarding the use of teabags. Normally, I just throw the teabags after used but after reading the article, I learned some new things that can be done using teabags. So I began saving my teabags and use them for random stuffs (when dried) like putting them in shoes to remove the stinking smell. I also apply it on my face for tea mask to make my face smoother and softer :)

3. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    When using tea bags to make my teas I usually reuse them as a eye remedy. After making my tea and cools down I like to apply them over each of my eyes for 15 minutes each to reduce swelling. If I don't have time to apply it over my eyes I will store them in the fridge for later usage

4. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I don't make tea in small quantities. What I do is make a large pitcher of tea with 2 or 3 bags and that usually drains all the tea from the bag and I get a lot more than 2 or 3 cups. Although, this is for cold tea because all I like is cold tea and I sort of dislike it hot. I save a lot of money that way.