Use Washing Machine In Full Capacity

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Alexandoy • Aug 9, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When using the washing machine, make sure to do your laundry in full load so as to maximize the use of water and soap plus electricity as well. Washing clothes in half load is a big waste of water and electricity too. That is the reason why the laundry is always scheduled and not an everyday affair to save on water, electricity and soap.

2. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have always believed just the opposite of this, and that it is much better for the life of the washing machine if you do small loads of laundry, and not overload the machine with large loads. One of my acquaintances who works on washers and dryers told us this was better for the machine. We usually do laundry every single day, whether it is a large load or a small load. I have found that any dirt and stains come out much better when they have not had a chance to set into the fabric, also.
    We do not have a lot of clothes that we wear, so it also helps to keep them washed each day. Some days we have more laundry than others, plus I wash the bedding and the dogs' blankets every week; so we always seem to need a load of laundry washed and dried.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Actually modern washing machines automatically can adjust to the load in the machine, so there is less environmental waste. There used to be a half load button, but that is no longer needed. Plus there are fast wash options so you can do that instead of having to put everything on a hot wash that is longer. Technology has changed things and my parents always thought one big wash was better, but it's better to do light laundry as a quick wash and bedding on a hot wash by itself.

4. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I only do laundry once a week and I usually have enough to do at least 2 large loads. My washer has different settings depending on the size of the load so this saves on water. If I don't have enough for a large load, I will adjust the settings to a smaller load and it will only use enough water for that size.

5. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    Ours is always a full load. We have a great machine - Whirlpool that has completed 25 years. Full load is not only good for the machine it also saves soap and water and time too.

6. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    I do a manual wash of the laundry first, and then use the washing machine to rinse. It saves me electricity plus it would give the tub less load. When the weather is good and sunny, I seldom used the dry cleaner. Only when it's cloudy and during the rainy season.

7. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, that's what we also do when we wash our laundry, but my dad says not to overload the washing machine too much and leave room for the machine to properly spin the clothes, so we don't fill th tub with as much clothes as we can, we just wash around 13 items of clothing at a time.

8. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Oh yes, this and the dishwasher. I remember someone told me that some are able to sense how full they are and automatically adjust, but I am not sure if I believe that.