Used But New Items!

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by wallet • Jul 7, 2017.

1. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    It's a risk you have to be aware of when making the transaction as even though the price is hard to beat you may have the item fail after a few days.

2. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @skinwants@skinwants what items are you referring to? To me it sounds like used books which are available at lot cheaper price in my country which looks like almost new. Most students in our country know the resale value of their books so use them cautiously which keeps their resale value higher compared to carelessly used books.

3. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Well I haven't seen a big store selling products with defects openly, but I think they subtly do this in the guise of having a "sale". If I will get to save that much then why not, right? After all it's just a dent. I'm not too picky with purchasing home appliances, although with gadets and other stuff, I'm more picky.

4. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    If I had known this trick before I could have done it as almost as everytime I shop for new household equipment that I can get my hands into. This way I could have save a lot on this "used but new items" as you did. Maybe I will try also to check if there are stores doing the same practice in my place.

5. Meeseeks

MeeseeksMember

Threads:
    Yes. That's a very clever thing to save a lot in my opinion. Beside, the quality is just the same so it's a win-win situation. You just have to make sure that a product warranty is included in case you found defects in your newly-bought product.

6. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    I think that buying used but new items is also a way to save the cost of item considering that it helps one to use the excess fund made from it in buying other things that might be needed at the home. I do such purchases most of the time and that goes from purchasing used clothes, but still new to buying some home appliances that are still new, but used. I must confess that it has been a way to save money for me.

7. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I always look for the opportunities to save money. Therefore, I take interest in buying used items. However, when I am buying used items, I don't buy items that show too many signs of wear and tear. Therefore, I am more interested in "used but new" items. This term is generally applied for the ietms that were used but do now show any signs of wear and tear. However, I will never buy electronic ietms even if there is no scratch on the cover.

8. Kieranlewix

KieranlewixMember

Threads:
    I have nothing against items with little defects. I actually really like them because when people see them as just a loss, some of us are going home with perfectly working machines at almost half-price. However, it takes a lot for a seller to actually convince me that the item is in good condition because as good as the price sounds, some sellers will use this opportunity to sell low quality items which have been used for years in the hope that some stingy character will fall in love with those products. It is important to have a keen eye and establish a limit to just how defective the products have to be in order to let them go.

9. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I bought a tumble dryer which was 10 years old for £30 which is very cheap. I had it for another 15 years before it packed up and consider it to be one of the best buys I ever made.

Where I live there is a store called Waste Not Wanted Not. It sells used goods in really good condition at bargain prices. Even when I don't need anything I love to browse. If I get something at a bargain price and it works out well, I value it more than I would a new item.

10. sommax

sommaxMember

Threads:
    Although I like to buy used items as it saves money, but I don't like them being spoilt or having little defect. I have had such experience before with a used television that latter stopped working within a month and I won't like such to happen again. So, am always careful not to buy any item that is spoilt or with a little defect.

11. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    It's okay for me to buy used items as long as it has no major issues or defects on those products. I have bought a lot of secondhand/used items recently and one of them is my phone. I bought an Iphone 6s recently and it is used but when I used it, it looks like brand new and it has no major issues on it. I like to buy used items because I can buy it at a reasonable and affordable price.

12. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The Lowes chain of stores always has great bargains on these new items that are defective, but still operate just fine. if a refrigerator accidentally gets dented when it is being shipped to the store, people are less likely to pay full price for the dented one when they can get a shiny undesired one for the same price. So, the store marks down the price on the dented refrigerator, but it still has the same new item warranty a an indented one would have.
    Also, sometimes people purchase an item and then they return it because it is not exactly what they wanted; so this item is then reduced in price and re-sold. it is still basically new, even though it is sold at the price of a used machine.
    I think that this is a great way to save a lot of money and still have new appliances.
    My daughter got a wonderful refrigerator-freezer for about $800, and it usually sold for almost $2000 new; but it was a return, and also had a dent in it.