Used Products.

Discussion in Product Reviews started by jonthai • Jun 13, 2016.

1. jonthai

jonthaiMember

Threads:
    What are your opinions on used products and how do you review them? Have you had any bad experiences with used products or any good ones?

I only had good experiences with used products. I bought allot of used games, and they were all in good condition and even had some extras (for example in saves etc.)

2. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    The good thing with used products is that they are tried and tested. Most used products are top brands from discerning users. Inferior products do not have much of a chance to sell secondhand. If one wants to order a used product online, the best thing to do is to request a photo of the same so as to evaluate them. You should also arrange for the money you have sent to be reserved as a milestone so that in case the product is defective, you would be able to return it without losing your money.

3. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    Used products may have been tried and tested, however, there is the possibility that they could have faults that are not easily detected firsthand. It also depends on how are where you acquire the item. You may buy it from an individual that is desperate for the cash and if you should take the goods home and find that it's defective, you may have a difficulty getting back your money. I prefer to wait until I have the money to buy the new stuff where I am better able to get all the protection and guarantees.

4. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It really depends on what it is. In some cases, you can get a limited warranty on gently used goods that have been refurbished. For other items, check to see if any applicable warranties are transferable. If none of these apply, you then have to determine if it is an acceptable risk to you. If the deal is good, it might be worth it.

I probably wouldn't buy anything used if it was sight unseen. I like to examine things to determine whether or not I am getting a good value. I also want to try things out. I don't just take someone's word for it that the item works.

5. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends on whether you're buying in person, person to person, at a garage sale or other similar sale, or purchasing online. Also, some used goods have been tested and/or refurbished, which in theory, makes them almost as good as new. I don't mind purchasing some items used, especially if there's some sort of warranty. There usually isn't a warranty on in person purchases, unless for instance it's a person who refurbishes computers or other electronic devices and offers to repair or replace them if there's a problem. I often buy electronics used on eBay, because I'm covered via eBay and/or PayPal if there's a problem, and I'm usually careful to purchase from people with very good reputations.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have bought used products before, some were ok but others have hidden defects in them, and you mostly can never get it back, so it's always a hit or miss. Sometimes they work only for a short time then stop working, so as much as possible try to buy a brand new item if you can afford it.

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've bought some used clothes before and I made sure I checked each little detail especially the stitching to make sure it won't fall apart on me after a few wash cycles. It's why I always prefer to just buy physically when I'm buying something second hand because I prefer being able to inspect it. I've also bought used items from ebay and in that case I was more willing since I know sellers are very careful not to get negative comments on their feedback page so I was more confident to buy second hand there even if I couldn't expect it before buying.

8. johndee

johndeeMember

Threads:
    I have come to realize that one person's trash can be another's treasure. Most people when they outgrow or no longer have use of some items, they offer them as secondhand. Not because they are defective, but to clear space and of course to get some cash.

So I always believe that its possible to find some items I may need in good condition. As long as the sale is taking place where I can physically inspect them for any defects.

The best thing about secondhand items is, you get something good at a cheaper price. The downside being that, you don't have any guarantee. But I always take a gamble if I'm interested in something. It has often times paid off.

9. artyarson

artyarsonActive Member

Threads:
    I can picture myself re-using something as long as it's not about condoms :D

But seriously, previously in use stuff can be as good as the brand new one. It depends on how careful its past owner was. For example, you can get a musical instrument from someone and I guess there would be much of a difference. I got my first guitar that way and it used to sound fantastic.

10. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like the savings I get when I purchase previously owned items. I purchase used clothes from the thrift store often. My grand kids have purchased used games with no problems. I have also once in a while purchased a used computer or laptop with no problems.

11. nadiasheikh

nadiasheikhNew Member

Threads:
    It depends on the condition sir g , otherwise sometimes used products will give u bad experience and sometimes it can give u good so it just all depends on the condition of used product ..

12. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I buy numerous used products both online and offline. Occasionally I will buy something that makes me consider buying only new products but that rarely happens. Thing though is I hardly ever write reviews. When I buy a defective product then I'll try to get a refund or not bother if the hassle isn't worth it.

When buying used products buy only from reputed sites and stores with favorable return policies.

13. Shoplady

ShopladyMember

Threads:
    Generally I only buy used items if I am buying in person and can take a good look to see if there is any damage. Unfortunately with items like video games, DVDs, etc. it can be hard to tell by looking and I have had a few disappointments. Generally though, I do like to buy used when I can and when it's appropriate, it saves a lot of money and keeps things out of the landfills, at least for awhile longer!