Using A Microwave To Cook Bacon And Pancakes.

Discussion in Food & Drink started by NinetyEighty1 • Nov 6, 2017.

1. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    Okay, I have recently come across a couple of articles and videos claiming that people use a microwave to cook pancakes and bacon. I for one think that this seems like an interesting, faster and cheaper method to cook both foods, though I know there might be some cons to this.

Have any of you heard of this or tried it? What are your thoughts?

2. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I have used a microwave to cook bacon but if you like it crispy then you probably wouldn't enjoy this as much as cooking it in the oven. I will sometimes do it for speed but if I'm honest it doesn't taste as good. Not sure about pancakes but I would think the same applies.

3. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I have heard of cooking baking in the the microwave but not pancakes, which sounds very interesting and would actually want to try it except I don't own a microwave. The thing I would like to try when I do get a microwave would be cake in a mug very interesting videos on them on YouTube.

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well for right now I'd wait till they perfect it and stick with cooking bacon and pancakes the conventional way. I did have a microwave oven, but I've not gotten a replacement for over a year, so I'm living without it. When I did have my microwave oven I did try frying bacon and didn't like the outcome, not crispy at all and I love crispy bacon. Never tried pancake, for I love fluffy pancakes, and when I micro any baking foods, it doesn't turn out as fluffy at all. Microwave baking doesn't turn out to be very tasty for the finished product comes out a bit rubbery for me.

5. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    My opinion is different here.I better opt for other methods of cooking than using a microwave. There are serious health related issues about microwaves. They are cancer causing. Although they cook faster and also retain the food aroma, I would go for alternatives.