Using Algae For Alternative Fuel, Is It Worth It?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by NinetyEighty1 • Oct 25, 2017.

1. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    Okay, I heard that algae has great potential to be used as fuel like Fossil fuel itself. I will not ask why it is not as popular or well used but ask if I plan on growing algae, will it be worth it and much more beneficial both financially and environmentally than using modern fuel.

2. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Well.. From what I've read so far, despite the efforts being valid (which is something good), I think it's still not worth it. Some things still need to be improved to work properly .

3. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    Ah, I understand there my be potential flaws to this plan as well as kinks that need to be worked out but it does still seem like a good way to save both money as well as help out the environment. Nevertheless, I can see there being issues farming algae as well as using it for fuel. Thanks for your input. :)

4. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I was surprised by your post because till now I was not aware that algae can be used as a fuel just like the fossil fuel. So I will do some research about it before answering your question. Anyway, thank you very much for this wonderful post. :)

5. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I am wondering if algae could produce fuel that would be commercially viable. Can algae be produced on a large scale at a rapid enough rate to drive some worthwhile production? It seems some sort of drying process may probably have to involved to preapare the algae for utilization which would extend the harvest to usage time period. However, if it could be made to be viable, it would probably be a very beneficial concept that could lessen the realiance on fossil fuels which have been contributing to environmental problems.