Using coupons on a romantic date

Discussion in Coupons started by EvanCross19 • Sep 5, 2014.

1. EvanCross19

EvanCross19Member

Threads:
    Is using coupons during a romantic date taking it too far? What about if it's the first date?

Honestly, if the other person is embarrassed or offended because I am using a coupon, then I'd likely not want to be romantically involved with that person anyway. Using coupons and/or gift cards on dates can save you some cash. It doesn't really have much of an impact on how the date will go and you get to lay it all out in the open that you value your money.

If it's the guy, would you think worse of him for using a coupon? What about if the lady uses a coupon? Is that a bad sign? No way is that a bad thing in my opinion. I might fall in love with her right then and there if she were to whip out a coupon (hint hint ladies).

What would be your thoughts or reactions if your date used a coupon while the two of you were out?

2. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    When I first saw the topic I said to myself "why not?" but It's because I've been married for almost 19 years now. But going back in time, if my date (on our first date) pulls out a coupon, I think I'll be offended. Why the h___ he did not save up for our first date? I would feel more better if we just split the bill, if he's short of cash but not a coupon. :eek:

However, if I'm already familiar with my date (maybe after a couple of dates) and if I really really like the guy. Then I wouldn't care if he uses a coupon, gift certificate or any discount card or not. :p

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It wouldn't really bother me if someone used coupons on a date. I just wouldn't want to date that guy from Extreme Cheapskates who ordered one rib for himself-a single rib and then ate some of his date's food.
    I don't mind coupons, but I do mind if you order nothing for yourself and eat all of my food to save money.

4. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with eppie, I think I would feel offended also on the first date it my date used coupons. I would be like this is not a good impression it kinds makes you look at the person like ok are we always going to budgeting or am I going to have to foot the bill just in case he or she doesn't have all the money, I know I shouldnt look at it like that but it just gives off a bad impression.

5. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I have been married for almost two years now so if my his am used a coupon I would not be mad because I know how expensive things are, but I would be a whole different story of we wasn't and it was our first date. I feel like if you knew you didn't have the money and had to use a coupon then the date should not have even existed.

6. shanalyn323

shanalyn323New Member

Threads:
    I read the question to my husband and he said from a male's point of view he would think it is a little weird. For the first date for me, I think it would be a little weird but hey I'm weird too! lol I wouldn't probably think too much about it unless we were at like a 4 star restaurant or something. There's nothing wrong with saving money and I might even think "wow this guy thinks in future terms". If it happened every time we went out though, then I probably wouldn't keep going out with him. No one likes a tight wad.

7. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    A dude wouldn't be able to get away with this. A girl might be...
    Either way, it's just lame. Sorry.

Ladies are programed to be attracted to guys who are good providers. They are attracted to security.
    A dude doing the coupon thing on a date looks like a cheapskate, or a guy who is in the poorhouse.
    None of these are a turn-on. That's reality.

A girl might be able to get away with this, but it still feels weird.

8. Andrey212121

Andrey212121Banned

Threads:
    I think its too much. Saving money is not good idea but... not this way) You should think about romantic moments, not about coupons)))) We have only one life to live so money is not so important)