Using Freecycle

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Theo • Jan 29, 2015.

1. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm going to be helping a friend to do up her condo on a limited budget as had had a flood and she has no money so I said we could try freecycle. I've had other people use it but not myself yet, but as each area has it's own sub-site I take it you can go out of your area as long as you are prepared to go and pick it up?

It is better to put a wanted listed in the neighboring areas and can you sign up and put multiple listings? Perhaps if she sets up an account and I do then we can request separately as I know you can't put in too many requests.

2. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    This is what I love about this site, you find the coolest stuff! I have never heard of freecycle but I suppose I have used it in my life for years in that I try to go through my things each year and give away what I don't use to someone who can 'extend its use'. (that was one of the definitions I read.) This is the site I found online, is this the one you were talking about?

It looks really interesting, I can't wait to check it out. Despite trying to keep organized, we still have way too much stuff, so I need to learn how to live minimalist more.

3. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    Freecycle is pretty cool, the only problem is that it's not too known, vs sites like Craiglist and Kijiji and Ebay. So every now and then, people give away cool stuff, or you can get people to contact you for something, but it's still tons of people out there who just throw it out, so honestly, in our personal cases, we have more luck getting furniture on the side of the road than consistently on Freecycle.

If you want to post in different places, I'd suggest Freecycle (never hurts!) as well as other popular internet classifieds. :) Also, encourage as many friends and family members to join their freecycle group! If it grows and grows, it can become incredible.