Using multiple apps to save the most money

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by professionaltightwad • Dec 3, 2014.

1. professionaltightwad

professionaltightwadMember

Threads:
    I'm sure I'm not the only one doing this but I can't seem to find a thread for the topic. I'm sure most of us are using shopping apps in order to save more money. The most popular ones I've seen talked about would be iBotta and Checkout51, but there are others, too.

My goal is to use as many of these apps together as possible, in order to maximize my savings. Quite often, I'll find the same items available for a rebate on more than one app so I submit the receipt to each one of them. Then, I turn around and also submit those same receipts to apps that don't specify products, like ReceiptHog and ReceiptPal. Of course, I again use the receipts when I can find an offline rebate offer such as the current $15 P&G rebate.

If we share our tips and tricks for using multiple apps, we could all save more money.

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Actually, I just did a research in the last few days, checking out the very apps that you mention here. I think it's an easy way to make a few extra bucks per week, and I would install them, but unfortunately (or fortunately) I live far away from shopping centers at the moment, which makes it difficult to fulfill a lot of the tasks that they are asking for.

3. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    I actually use all the apps you mentioned above. I also use ebates, savings star, savings catcher and shopmium. I almost forgot, I use StockUp as well. Any legit way there's a way to save a penny, I'm on it. I have recently slacked but plan on getting myself back in gear so I can save the money I'm earning back for a secret trip next summer for my kids.

4. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When it comes to these savings apps, it all depends upon how much time you're putting into them versus how much money is actually coming back out. If you crunch the numbers to figure out your rate per hour of savings (aka earnings) and it doesn't match minimum wage, then you're wasting your time. It's far more sensible and financially viable to pick up another job or do some freelance work with that same amount of time in order to maximize earnings rather than wasting far more hours on relatively lackluster savings.

5. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Some of us can't do that because there are no jobs available that can be worked around our current job, which is not getting us enough hours. Where I live, there are a lot fewer jobs available at this time of year, in the Spring thing will pick up, but for right now, basically no one is hiring at all, and there are no evening positions open at all. Since I have a day job, there is nothing for me to even apply for right now. That's the reason why so many of us are doing these thing, we would like more hours at our real jobs, but there isn't enough work available for us.

6. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I like barcode scanning apps and apps that help me find out of the books I want to buy can be found for much less online. I also like to find books at thrift stores and see if I can resell them for a high price. So many good apps out there to help you save and earn money.