Using Opposite Sex Products

Discussion in Shopping Discussion started by gracer • Feb 15, 2016.

1. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    I have been using a facial scrub that is specifically made for males ever since I tried using my husband's facial scrub. I found out that it suited my skin so I never stopped using it since then. The facial scrub has combined effects of controlling oil, minimizing the pores, preventing acne breakouts and whitening. I have developed an active oil production on my face ever since I gave birth to our child and have been having acne problems since then. But when I used my husband's facial scrub, the pimples faded away one at a time.

Have you also experienced using items that are supposed to be for the opposite sex? Did they fit your needs?

2. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I do this all of the time. For some reason, there are some items that just because they're aimed at the opposite gender, they suddenly become twice the price, and that isn't fair really. But they will have the same ingredients in them, so they can still be used by anybody - so you take a look at this if you feel that there are certain things that you're paying too much money for.

3. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I don't mind using some of my husband's cleaning products like soaps and facial washes. I think it's more marketing and scent that identifies a products as more for women or men. I don't see why women wouldn't use a men's razor or deodorant. When my husband forgot his razor on a trip and used mine he said it was totally fine. Only thing different was the pink handle. I'm sure it can save you money by buying the most inexpensive product rather than worrying if it's designed for a man or woman.

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use a man's deordrant doing the summer, it works beter than female stuff. I think often it is the same product with just a different label on it and maybe a different scent so the guys do not smell like flowers.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Many beauty products can be used both by males and females but those made specifically for females tend to be more expensive even if they aren't much better than those which are made for males.

To save money women should always try men's beauty products and should they like them they'd save a lot of money.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use Clear shampoo for men, although I prefer Head And Shoulders over it, because I tend to get more dandruff for some reason when I use it. I also would have no problem using men's perfume if it smells good.

7. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    Men's shampoos are quiet refreshing especially the minty ones. Sometimes I would also use my husband's shampoo if mine gets all consumed. Sometimes I would laugh because my husband would wonder why his things are easily consumed, then he looks at me and he would already now the answer. lol

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @gracer@gracer, Yeah, and I think they are cheaper too as compared to woman's products? I also like those men's messenger bags, they look unisex after all, don't they?

9. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Hmmm... To be honest, I've never tried using my husband's products. I have very sensitive skin and so I try to stay away from harsh products. And I feel like men's products are harsher than women's products. Although I'm not really in a position to do that since I haven't even tried men's products. So yeah, I guess I'll have to give them a try one time or another.

I've seen some men's products from an organic brand. I think I'll buy some for my husband with a sole intention of using it as well. Tee hee. He'll never know my motives. Besides, if I don't like them, at least they won't go to waste.

10. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I think men's messenger bags can be used by women too. After all, when women use them it doesn't look too obvious that they're really for men. I also like the fact that these bags have a lot of space and that's what I also look for in a bag sometimes. :)

lol Us women and our ulterior motives. ;) I do that to my husband at times too, but he actually knows what I'm trying to do so he just looks at me and smirks every time I do it.

11. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Hahahaha! Then your husband knows you quite well! My husband is still at that stage of knowing the real me. Lol. So yeah, I bet he will never know the real motives behind my actions. At least for now! I think it takes a long time before a married couple truly knows each other's flaws, motives and real feelings. I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there.;p

12. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I have been buying Degree for Men for several years now. I caught it on sale buy one and get one half price. It was fairly new in the market and I liked the advertisements.

13. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I think it makes no difference to use something that is marketed towards males since it is just a marketing ploy mainly. Other than deodorants which have more masculine smells to them versus women's. If it works then use it. I think they use it to make more money since they hike up the price for many of the products and most of them are not worth it.

14. venusflytrap

venusflytrapMember

Threads:
    I never quite understood as to why, for example, certain shampoos are supposedly only suited for men, while others are better for women. I would think that hair is hair, be it male or female. It comes in all conditions, from dry to oily to dyed, etc. So, personally, I have long stopped thinking about what is a "male" or a "female" product. I've been using shampoos for men, razor blades for men, hand creams for men, and so on. In fact, I tend to prefer those products as they are often cheaper and unscented.

15. Narumiya

NarumiyaNew Member

Threads:
    Razors, definitely. Men's razors are cheaper and most typically come in bulk packages, while women's razors try to be fancy and charge you for more. I don't need fancy razors, honestly. I just need something with nice blades so I can shave my legs. But there are never any plain razors for women, they're almost always razors with special moisture beads or whatever. I don't really care for that, so most of the time, when my dad buys razors in bulk, I grab a few of them for myself, haha.

16. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    There are products that are made just for specific genders an example take Rogaine, which at one time was for men only and Kerinque for women only. Rogaine even warned for pregnant women not to touch the contents. Each product has warnings directed toward the opposite sex on the package. So it would be advantageous to read before buying for this purpose.

17. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    No, I almost always use unisex products, like head n' SHoulders. If I wanted to wear makeup or gloss lips I probably wouldn't to use women products. I don't scrub my face with creams or anything like that.