Using Receipt Capture Apps?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by lexingtonslade • Jun 1, 2015.

1. lexingtonslade

lexingtonsladeNew Member

Threads:
    Hello everyone!

I was curious if anyone used apps like Ibotta or Checkout 51? These apps are both receipt capture apps. The way it works is that you go to the grocery store and do your normal grocery shopping. If you check the apps, it will show you items that they are giving money back on. In the Ibotta app, sometimes you have to watch a video or answer some questions to get the discount, but once you make your purchases all you do is take a photo of the receipt, select what you purchased and send it on it's way. I have tried it a few times, but tend to forget to use it. Has anyone had any good luck with making money back from this app?

2. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I use both with regularity. I get about $15 a month back from Ibotta, but Checkout51 is much slower. There are very few brand name offers on there I ever use. I'm currently just doing the "choose your own" offer for $0.25 a week. Adds up very slowly. I've cashed out from Checkout51 only once.

I cash out from Ibotta a couple times a month though. I have a pretty active team on Ibotta so I'm lucky to earn the monthly bonuses pretty often too.

3. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Ibotta and checkout 51 did not save me any money. They don't have offers for foods I actually buy. I practically live out of the bulk section which saved me far more. You'll never make payout at s rate of 25 cents a week.

I still use receipt hog and receipt pal even though they are slow earners, at least it's something.

4. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I used to use Checkout51 but then I found that it took a long time and none of the brands that I would use were on them, so I just stopped using it after a while. I've never heard of Ibotta. Is it something similar to Checkout51 or is it easier to earn on it?