Using Supermarket Branded Facial Products

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Theo • Sep 2, 2015.

1. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    These days more supermarkets and pharmacies have their own brands which are much cheaper and also as good as the branded products.

In Target they have a similar cleanser to Cetaphil for a third off and CVS cleansers are good buys if you are on a budget or want something cheap to take on holiday.

I also discovered Aldi has won beauty awards for some of their products and I am impressed with their serum which was under five pounds, so much so I braved going back there to buy another bottle.

I was always apprehensive about putting cheap products on my face, but some are excellent value and worth trying.

2. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Actually, I have never tried facial products that are supermarket brands. I always tend to be very meticulous with what I put on my face and body. But seeing that you have great things to say about them, I might give them a shot. I must say my son's eczema was cleared because of Cetaphil Restoraderm. But it is such an expensive product, we have the body wash and lotion. I am quite apprehensive in changing it though.

3. turtledove

turtledoveMember

Threads:
    I have tried facial products from supermarkets before, and I think they're absolutely fine. Previously I was buying many things which were roughly double the price of the supermarket brand just because of the brand, but now I do use supermarket brands much more often, as it saves a lot more money, and it does have the same effect as the more expensive products. I was very apprehensive about trying them out, but they really did exceed my expectations and I was pleasantly surprised!

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never gone for store branded face products, mainly because I used to have a catalogue of skin ailments that required something a lot more aggressive. Now that I've cleared up my skin however, although I still have my expensive branded staples, I've started mixing it up and buying store branded face wash and toner.

I remember hearing about Aldi skin products causing a real buzz in the UK, and they are very cheap too. I never tried them, but I know they fly off the shelves they are that popular!