Using touch-screen at the beach!

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by TheKid • Dec 11, 2014.

1. TheKid

TheKidNew Member

Threads:
    Hay everyone.

Yesterday I read that putting your cellphone in a plastic bag will enable you to use the touch-screen easily while at the beach...

Is it true? Will it work? Has anyone tried it before???
    I am curious because using my phone at the beach has always been a hassle for me because, well, there is sand everywhere!:eek:

2. rollybooz

rollyboozActive Member

Threads:
    Well isn't that easy to try out? You don't necessarily have to be at the beach for your phone to be in a plastic bag for you to try if the screen still works do you? Just as you said, since you're at the beach, why not put that piece of technology aside and enjoy the sound of the waves and feel that breeze that mother nature has given to us? The sand was probably mother nature's way of telling us to stop being slaves to technology! :p

3. Sly14Cat

Sly14CatActive Member

Threads:
    The poster above is right: you can put a phone in a plastic bag anywhere and it won't make a difference. If it works, then I guess it'd do the job of keeping sand out, but capacitive screens can be finicky. Anyways try it out yourself and get back to us.

4. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    DON'T do this. Putting your phone in a plastic bag protects it from sand, but it's not going to protect it from the moisture created inside the bag. You're far better off getting a sealed smartphone case that's dust and waterproof in order to avoid damaging the device. If you put your device in a plastic bag at the beach, then it's eventually going to break, and you'll be out a few hundred bucks, whether you have insurance or not. Don't make this mistake.

5. Sly14Cat

Sly14CatActive Member

Threads:
    That reminds me of something: The phone can heat up inside the bag, and combined with the external heat/heat from the sun, you're probably going to heat-damage your phone. So yeah, not exactly the best idea.