Using Twitter to advertise your business?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Eric John • Apr 16, 2012.

1. Eric John

Eric JohnNew Member

Threads:
    Who uses Twitter to advertise for your business. I have used it for personal things but curious how the business side is conducted. I'm pretty savvy with Twitter, just looking for some extra tips and hints about using it to promote coupons and deals or even to show off product merchandise.

2. Zacko

ZackoExpert

Threads:
    I'm really wondering this myself.

What I've done so far, is try and build a good number of followers, which I've done by following overs within my key terms. From there, trying to narrow down that focus even more to twitter users that would be interested in your products, and marketing using hashtags that they often search for, or with a witty remark. I've gotten up to around 1000 followers with only 400 people followed, but it sure was difficult, and I'm not sure if it's been worth it.

3. Eric John

Eric JohnNew Member

Threads:
    Yeah, that is the method I was using as well. I just started the new Twitter account so it is slow going right now. It seems a lot of my followers are auto-followers, so I'm trying to build it up right now. Anyone else?

4. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I have a Twitter account and I use it to promote my writing. It works really well, I would say you should use hash tags on your tweets to reach your target niche. For example, if you are tweeting about coupons it would look something like this:

Save on all the latest items everything is 50% off

#coupons #discount #shopping

The hash tags help to categorize your tweets, and when done correctly they work wonders. Just note that Twitter only allows 3 hash tags per tweet, anything more than that and your account could be suspended.

5. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    I just use it to advertise my blog posts. Actually I JUST got into twitter and I sometimes don't really see the benefit of it. Like the more people you follow the more tweets you will see...how does anyone make their tweets stand out? I understand the hashtag and what it does, but do I have to put that in every one of my tweets for me to stand out? I have seen some users with 9000 plus pending tweets...thats ooutrageous.

6. Anna T

Anna TMember

Threads:
    I also use it to advertise blog posts. I rarely use the hashtag, though sometimes I throw it in there. There is a site called Tweet karma that you can use to see who is following you that you are also following. Makes it easy to go unfollow the people you're following that never followed you back (unless you don't mind that they're not following you and just want to keep them on there).

7. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I haven't. Twitter doesn't really work for businesses. People post so, so much crap on it, that posts go to the bottom of their homepages in just seconds. Facebook Fan/Like Pages work a LOT better, and they can be easily customized. I suggest you try those out!

8. psufootball

psufootballMember

Threads:
    I think it's a good idea to use it AFTER you have a business. However, it's not that great if you're starting out looking for fans because Twitter has ton of spam and shit, it's hard to stand out.

9. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    No, I don't use Twitter. I use Facebook to promote my businesses and online projects. However, in order to have the best search engine optimization (SEO), a massive Twitter page is a must-have, along with a massive Facebook one. However, normally it's going to you cost you.

10. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I have been using twitter for last seven years mostly for link sharing purpose so in a way for business purpose. I think I have earned half of my revenue by sharing my work on twitter. I have an account with almost 7 k followers mostly with the same interest of writing articles on different topics. I think Twitter is the only social media that brings guaranteed result.

11. kingcool52

kingcool52Active Member

Threads:
    I think Twitter can be a good site for advertising your business as you can reach a lot of potential customers very easily and quickly. Unfortunately it can be quite difficult as you need to get a lot of followers to get a decent reach and you also need to have interesting content to pull potential customers in

12. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use both twitter and facebook add google plus too for advertising. Just don't make it too obvious and share a lot of information with your tweets on your page like news to attract followers. I got a conglomerate of information from recalls, news, interesting things like feather stars. I make it interesting for everyone including weather things so it will serve the public as well as advertise your products and blogs. I like it for it serves the public and I have fun searching for interesting things to tweet and facebook so my stuff keeps people interested everyday. It's fun and educational to have all three sites but it's work too.

13. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't use Twitter for business too. I only use Twitter for personal purposes tweeting my thoughts and retweeting others message that I agree with. There hundreds of millions of people using Twitter and for sure it will be a good place to promote your business.

14. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I do the same, in fact in December only I earned close to $200 through Twitter sharing apart from other social media sites, however FB never works for me so I do not use it for commercial purpose especially for sharing my links. People mostly like the post and that's all.

15. ptahm22

ptahm22Active Member

Threads:
    Someone once told me that twitter has business minded people while Facebook is mainly for socializing. I use both Facebook and Twitter but Facebook has more benefits. Sometimes I find the hashtags so tedious and sometimes I can't even decide which one to use. Twitter is good for advertising but it needs alot of work.

16. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    As matter of fact Facebook is attracting lot more businessmen these days and people are finding innovative ways of business ideas at Facebook but on a price. Since I am not spending any money for my kind of business so it does not suit me. I take the best advantage of Twitter by sharing my work among my large followers and so far I am doing quite okay.