Usps - Package Tracking - Non-scanning Of Packages

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Diane Lane • Jul 9, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I print out USPS (United States Postal Service) labels at home, and affix them to the packages of items I've sold, and occasionally, to items I'm sending to friends and family. The labels have scannable codes on them, so that the sender and recipient can track the package. Why do they even offer tracking services, if they're not going to scan the packages?

Usually, if I order package pick up (free), or leave the package in my mailbox, my usual mail lady will scan the package either as soon as she picks it up, or before she finishes her route. However, when I drop the packages off at the post office, they are rarely scanned. Surely they understand that it's important for buyers to see that a package actually is in transit? When I drop them off, I specifically ask the postal workers to scan the packages. Occasionally they will do it right in front of me, but most often, they will say they'll do it, but then the package ends up not being scanned for days, leaving both parties wondering where the package is, and if it's been lost in transit.

2. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I have had that problem before. A recent order I placed said the pre shipping info was received, bud didn't show it had been actually shipped for days. I actually ended up contacting the seller to ask if the item was actually shopped, it took that long. I think they are losing business to FedEx because of this lack of responsibility.

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not much of a fan of USPS either. Every time I go there, I end up having to stand in line forever because the people working there are so lethargic and act as if they could care less. Then they almost always have some sort of problem processing my package, especially when I pay for the postage in advance online. Then they try to nickel and dime you for everything.

Most recently I was trying to ship some camera lenses to a few people that had purchased them from me on eBay, and I went with the suggested shipping that eBay suggested via their partnership with USPS, only to get there and find out it wasn't enough to cover it. Then they said they couldn't refund me on the prepaid shipping, but could only charge me the extra difference and add it to it. In the process of doing that they also screwed up the insurance I had purchased, and only insured the lenses for $50 each, when in fact I had purchased insurance for several hundred dollars for each lens.

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Tom, I believe the discount is only if you print out the shipping online. I believe there is $50 insurance free when you ship via Priority...although, that may be applicable for First Class, as well. I usually pay for shipping insurance if the value/purchase amount is significantly over that amount, just so I'm covered.

@DancingLady@DancingLady Exactly. I'm about to contact the seller, to see if they've actually shipped my item, because all I'm seeing is what you described, the initial statement that the information has been submitted, or something to that effect, although the delivery time frame began on Friday. I was really hoping to have received the item by now, since it was coming from within the United States, but at this rate, I'm not sure I'll ever get it.