uTorrent for Android

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by lindbergh • Jan 1, 2014.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you usually download torrents on your PC? Well, I do. I've got a lot of programs and files and books just by downloading them in torrent sites. I need a small program called uTorrent in order to make it possible. Now that I have downloaded the uTorrent Android app, I can even download while on the go! It's a great free and useful app. Do you have uTorrent installed in your device too?

2. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I'm an iPhone user but my colleague does have an Android phone and she's been using utorrent app on her phone for months now. She's also into movies and music and she loves to download stuff for free, she's even my source of free movies because she has all the latest movies downloaded on her phone. I agree, it's a great app but i don't know if it works in iPhones.

3. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yep, the uTorrent app is a great app to download torrents directly to your mobile phone. The only problem is that it drains so much power from the battery and makes the phone hot during the download process. Regarding the app working on iPhones and other Apple devices, I'm not so sure. Don't you have that app in the Apple app store?

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use uTorrent on my laptop to share very large files. I didn't know that there was an Android app for it. I don't want to use it on my phone. I bet it would use a lot of resources including my battery.

I don't torrent movies. I have too many friends that work in the entertainment industry. I would feel so guilty.

5. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only issue with using uTorrent on a mobile device involves your data limits. Even on an unlimited plan, the wireless company is going to catch on very quickly to what you're doing and throttle your speeds to nothing. Of course, you can always download via WiFi, and that's the smartest thing to do. While on your mobile data connection only, uTorrent still makes sense to download smaller files.

6. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I would much rather leave my computer on at home/overnight to finish my torrents instead of using my phone. As others have said, the drain on battery and data is really heavy. It is always cool to have such an alternative though.

7. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would love to be able to use the uTorrent app and download as many movies as possible but my smartphone's memory may not be able to handle it. In addition, I agree with some of the people here: letting this app run for hours will quickly drain your battery. When it comes to downloads, nothing beats the PC.

8. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I've used it once before but I don't find it that ideal, maybe for getting some shady ebooks or small files but for large files, well I'd leave it to my PC or laptop. Also it takes up too much RAM while running on the background.

9. Flowerpower

FlowerpowerMember

Threads:
    This is useful to know. I was unaware that such an app existed, it's much easier to whip out your phone and torrent where there's free wi-fi as compared to your laptop so I can see myself making good use of this.
    The only thing that hasn't been mentioned is whether it's free or not.

10. Goat of Departure

Goat of DepartureActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't used it but I don't think that would be practical not unless you have some massive memories or you're just going to download small files. But I've that it's a massive battery drain, at least some of my friends told me.

11. teabwoi

teabwoiActive Member

Threads:
    I used to use it but it used to use up a lot of my battery power. It was really good when I had just began to use it but then it started to stick really often on my phone so I never bothered with it anymore.