Valentine's Day Gifts

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by thisnthat • Jan 25, 2017.

1. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    Well, it looks like the next holiday (sort of) is on the horizon. I'm ready to start planning for Valentine's Day. I want to do something nice for my sweetie. He's hard to surprise, but he's pretty good at surprising me. I want to do something special.

I know a lot of people just do the candy and flowers thing, but I want to do something original, unique, and different. I don't even know where to shop for something fun for men. I usually just see the same old, boring, stuff. I do not want to get him a belt, or socks, or a tie.

What are you giving your husband or boyfriend?

Men, what kinds of gifts would you like to receive?

2. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    How about making something for him or have something especial madr for him? For example a photo album of both of you through out the years or if he drinks coffee or tea a personalized coffee mug with a picture of both of you. I think that personalized items are much more thought about than any other whether we are men or woman. I haven't received such gifts but I'd really love to so there could be a twitch on the traditional gifts. I also think a planned out romantic dinner would be nice as well with both of your favorite food and drinks.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What's his favorite things or foods, I'd get something he likes instead of something unique, unless he likes unique and surprises. I'd ask what would you like for Valentines and see what he says then go with the flow of it. At least he'll know you'd like to give him something special. Good luck in finding him something he'll like.

4. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    This is always difficult to answer but a personalized mug is the one which always was a hit among men.

Something different would be a special scent for his car, a USB device or any other gadget, or a shaving set, a pair of Raybon sunshades or if he is into exercise or needs badly, a wearable tracker is something that men would like.

5. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I have nothing to give to my wife when February 14 comes. Valentine's Day for me is a very special for me and for my wife. I am still courting her every day since we got married sometime in 1972. We would be practically 45 years in marriage. We maintain our sincerity and faithfulness to the marriage vows we had made for that long period of years. I will just keep that feeling and action of loving her always. I know she's been doing that too to me.

6. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    This is what I usually end up doing for every occasion. I always ending up asking, so I know it will be something he likes. That is also why I wanted to surprise him this time. I'd like to at least once! :)

Thanks @kamai@kamai and @Decentlady@Decentlady for the suggestions. I like the mug idea you both had. While he doesn't drink coffee and stuff, he does like craft beer. Maybe I will get him a nice beer mug or beer glass, so thanks for the inspiration.

Oh! I just found a nice Spiegelau craft beer tasting set on Amazon. It seems to be reasonably priced as well, and Spiegelau is good quality. This might just be the one.

That is so beautiful! Congratulations to you and your wife.

7. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    @thisnthat@thisnthat I am glad you found your husband a mug and even better if the price is good too. I am glad that we were able to help you out and I know that your husband will love and appreciate your surprice. Hope you have a nice valentines day.

#7Jan 27, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2017
  8. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    If he likes a certain video game or a certain movie, I suggest making or buying something relating to that. You can purchase a heart-shaped object and glue something onto it to make it unique. Either that or make something out of construction paper or maybe print a few images out and create something out of that.

9. Krissttina Isobe

Threads:
    @thisnthat@thisnthat :pAhh the fun of surprises for a gift! Guess surprises keeps relationships interesting and fun!!! Good luck with what you do. Gifts are very nice to get in any way, you see, so if you'd like to surprise your loved one why not! :) Love will flow either way if it's a surprise gift or not, I believe. Gifts are always wonderful to get.

#9Jan 29, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2017
  10. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you for the help and for the kind words. I hope yours is nice as well.

@TheKnight@TheKnight I like those ideas. Thanks!

He isn't really into video games any more. He used to play World of Warcraft, but he doesn't really have time for it any more. As I mentioned above, he does like to sample craft beer on occasion. I might make him something with that as a theme, similar to your suggestion.

I can shop around for a nice looking picture frame, and I can add some caps from special brews to the frame. I might do a framed chalkboard instead of a picture frame. That would go along nicely with a beer glass.

@Krissttina Isobe@Krissttina Isobe it would be fun if I could pull it off for once. He's so hard to surprise! I think I might have him this year though. :D

11. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I've seen on a website that a girl gifted her boyfriend a lamp that looked like a ki blast. She just glued a figure of a character to make it seem as if the character was creating that ki blast light. I can't find the exact picture but this will give you an idea. Hope this gives you better ideas for using other items like if there's a character that blows air or controls wind, glue it on a small fan.

[​IMG]

#11Feb 1, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2017
  12. Krissttina Isobe

Threads:
    :)You know what, as long as you have love for each other it will be wonderful. Valentine's Day is just one special day that love blossoms in expressions. Love is daily without thought, without hesitation and love is forever. Planning a surprise for your loved one is half the fun of Valentine's so enjoy and don't worry for love is forever.

#12Feb 1, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2017
  13. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Even in my younger years, I dislike flowers because it is clearly a waste of money. I would rather give candies or chocolates or even food. But now, my usual gift to my wife are clothes or purse or any other personal items. For Valentines this year, I am planning to buy a girdle so my wife can hide the bulges of her tummy. And not to forget, we will have good food on that day.... at home.