Valentine's Day Promos

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by gracer • Feb 13, 2016.

1. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    Hi guys! Happy Valentine's Day to all of you! :)

For days I have been seeing Valentine's Day promos on dinner buffets, travel packages, gift ideas and many more. "Love is in the air," as they say.

My question is: do you take advantage of these promos or do you create your own unique Valentine's Day treats such as cooking dinner, movie date at home and bringing out the artistic part of yourself by creating your personalized work of art for your special someone?

2. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I'd prefer to make my own Valentine's Day treats because that way I can personalize them more to the recipient. Also, many things that are store bought don't cater to allergies particularly well, so anything edible has to be handmade here. I think it's more heart felt to put the time into making something anyway though, than buying it.

I think if you can get a really good deal on something the person would use in some way though, then yes it can be worth it to buy something. For example if there's a certain chocolate they like then it's nice to treat them to it occasionally, and this would be the perfect occasion to do so.

3. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    I remember my son giving me and my husband a heart shaped artwork that he made in school this Valentine's Day and as simple as it was, it really made our day. My husband even took a picture of it and proudly posted it on his Facebook account. Nothing really compares to self-made gifts no matter how simple they are. :)

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think for me it's just a matter of budget. If I happen to have spare money during Valentines and I'm in a relationship, then I can allot money to spend on it. But if not, then I guess I will be stuck at home celebrating Valentines the "cheap way".