Vapes

Discussion in Product Reviews started by kana_marie • Mar 25, 2015.

1. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    Has anyone successfully quit smoking with the help of a vape? If yes, how easy did it actually make it to quit? I know there are a couple if things you have to buy for it repeatedly, but is it good enough to be worth it? Is it a lot better than the e-cigs?

2. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSportsActive Member

Threads:
    I am particularly close to a certain couple who are currently using vapes in an attempt to quit smoking. I am personally very skeptical of vapes because I have read articles that say they are extremely harmful to your lungs in a different type of way when compared to cigarettes, so I am leery to even try one.

3. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    I read something about the puffs turning into formaldihyde. I don't know how legit that is but it certainly makes me take pause. I wondered if they were as safe as everyone said they were, when they first came out. That skepticism only increases every time I read something new about it

4. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually really feel like if someone wanted to quit smoking, then vaping would be a very helpful way to ween oneself off of the smokes. I have myself an electronic cigarette, and I have an assortment of vaping oils too. But I did not want to quit the analogue smokes. I had not made that commitment, if that makes any sense, hence going back to smoking the analogue cigarettes? But that is not to say that I have not seen cases where people have significantly reduced their amount of cigarettes a day due to vaping.

5. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    My issue is that, as long as I've been smoking, I really enjoy it. I mean I enjoy it A LOT. I understand exactly what you mean when you talk about not making that commitment. I've never actually wanted to quit, so every time I tried there was no commitment. Its to the point, after 22 years, that I HAVE to quit. I want something that can replace cigarettes completely and trick me into thinking I'm smoking. I'm sue I'm addicted to nicotine, but the actual act of smoking is what I really enjoy.

6. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been vaping since the start of January and I haven't had a regular cigarette since I started. They don't replicate the smoking experience exactly, but they come a close second. Like you, I had smoked for over 20 years and I'd never managed to quit for longer than a few days before.

My advice would be to visit a vape shop and ask to try before you buy. See which flavors you like before you commmit to buying.

7. DreekLass

Threads:
    As a fellow smoker, I completely empathize and relate to when you say that it is the actual act of smoking that is the draw for you, rather then the rush of nicotine. Sometimes I have had more than my share of nicotine, but I will roll up another smoke, just so that I can get that feeling of smoking again?? I feel like in order to get that throat hit, and that feeling of smoking, you have to buy the vaping juices with the highly rated throat hits. The only thing that is off is that there is no smoke smell.

8. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That is great news. Good for you, Missbishi. If they actually work that well, I may consider trying them. I didn't know you could try before you buy, but that is a good thing to know. I will have to see if I can find a shop and at least check it out. Is it around the same price as regular smokes, or is it more or less? Do they do any deals from time to time? So, you didn't even want a smoke once you started with vapes, or did you just hold out against the cravings and refuse to have a cigarette? Sorry for all the questions. I'm just really curious. Again, congrats on quitting.

9. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks Zyni! Feel free to ask anything you like, vaping is changing my life and I'll happily waffle on about it to anyone who will listen!

For me, vaping works out as 60% cheaper than smoking. My local vape shop always has some kind of promotion on but offered massive discounts at New Year and just before Lent started, which I thought was a great marketing strategy.

I won't lie, I really craved a tobacco cig for the first few days but the feeling was nowhere as intense as the times I've tried quitting with willpower or patches. The cravings were much easier to get over and had disappeared after 4 days. Having said all that, I am still addicted to nicotine, I've just altered the delivery system! The next move is to start reducing the nicotine content gradually.

10. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for sharing. I appreciate the information. I had a feeling the cravings would still be strong, but at least there is something to replace the act of smoking, which has to help. Four days is better than four weeks, right? (or more).

I would still be addicted to nicotine too, but as you stated, you can start to reduce the amount ingested. I figured it was more a way to "wean" one's self off the nicotine, which I think might actually work for me. Cold turkey really sucks, for me and everyone around me, lol.

11. DreekLass

Threads:
    I will also add that shortly after I fist began to vape, I began to notice that after vaping, I would itch sometimes. It took me a while to work our what was going on, but there are two types of Ejuices that are typically used in vaping devices. One if PG, and one is VG, and I was allergic to the PG one apparently. So it is important to consider which one works with you.